Chapter 10: The Hunt

*****

The entire room becomes silent after Chaos said that.

"What happened to them?" Chaos whispered to Percy.

"I think they're trying to sink in what you said," Percy whispered back. "They didn't expect that the threat has been there almost millennia ago."

"Ahhh, I see," Chaos said. It seems like centuries when Zeus finally spoke.

"What?" was all he said. 

"700 years," Chaos repeated. Percy's hand fly over his mouth, trying to suppress his laugh.

"The threat has been there for almost millennia ago, and you didn't tell us?!" Zeus shouted, his eyebrows furrowed.

"Heh," Percy smirks. Chaos sighed and handed him a bag of drachmas.

"We didn't tell you, because you would face two wars. But now that it's over, it's time to tell you about the crisis," Chaos explained. Zeus calms down a bit but still furrowing.

"Who are these immortals you've said part of your group alongside with Perseus?" Zeus asked him. Chaos along with Percy, smirks.

"That... is a secret for now," Chaos said, the Olympians are about to protest when he raised his hand to stop them. "But one— or three, of them, are the Fates."

The Olympians' eyes widened and their jaws dropped.

"What?" they asked simultaneously, astonished.

"Yeah, they are part of the group," Chaos said. "In fact, the two wars are connected to the one that was about to take place."

"What does that mean?" the queen of the gods, asked.

"It means, the two wars were just the front line, a welcome wagon for the main event, " Percy explained. The gods paled.

"We planned everything that happened in the past years, and the Fates are the ones who made it to happened," Chaos said. "From who will be the savior, who will be the heroes, how to oppose the enemy, everything, but the ones who die—" Chaos sighed and looked at the gods sympathetically. "I'm sorry for your loss."

"We tried to lessen the casualties, but we failed. It's already been written in the stars," Percy sadly said and looked at the moon goddess who clutched her armchair tightly. 

Artemis remembers her huntresses who died at the two wars including her former lieutenant, Zoë Nightshade. She clenched her teeth and flashed her bow and arrow, then shot the god of time. The arrow stops mid-air, then Percy reached for it. He looked at it for a moment then looked up at the goddess of the hunt in sympathy. He sighed and looked at Aphrodite who understand the message. The goddess of love turned to her godly size and walked to the moon goddess, and hugged her comfortingly. 

For the first minutes, Artemis just sat there not moving, then a single tear falls down and the tears turned into cries. She sobbed at Aphrodite's clothes, while the latter rubbed her back soothingly, whispering comforting words to her.

The other gods bowed their heads. Some were in verges of tears, while some didn't stop it and let their tears fall. The entire room is in silence, the only will heard is the sobbed of a goddess grieving at the loss of her hunters.

Minutes passed and the gods including Artemis have now calmed down. Aphrodite makes sure Artemis is okay before she makes her way to her throne.

"About the Prophecy, who are the ten half-bloods," Hephaestus said, broking the silence. Chaos and Percy looked hesitant.