Chapter 34: Love

*****

"Athena, one more time. I can see the head now!" Hera told the goddess who was lying in front of her while Hestia and Demeter were holding each of her hands.

When Athena found out that she was having two children— and it was not a brainchild— she asked help from the three elder goddesses, as they were the only ones she knew who were powerful enough to help her from her father, the King of the Gods.

As her vow has been broken and Apollo's vision becomes truth, she knows her father will be angered and her children will be the ones who will feel his wrath. That's why she asked for Rhea's daughters to help her. And fortunately, the three accepted, which Athena found impossible at first.

She expected Hestia to say yes and she knew Demeter was not that hard to convince, but what she didn't expect was for Hera to agree to help her. Apparently, as the goddess of familial love and childbirth, and also a mother herself, made the queen of the gods feel empathy and sympathy enough to be convinced.

And now here she is, pushing one of her children out of her body.

As a goddess of war and a goddess who experienced all the pain and injuries she got from the battles she's been through, she never felt this kind of pain in all of her existence.

"You can do this, Athena," Hestia encouraged as she held her niece's hand for support while wiping of her sweat.

Athena didn't have to reply as a sharp contraction took her by surprise and she cried out gripping her aunts' hands harder than she ever thought possible. The two elder goddesses felt their hands crack, but they paid no mind and continued whispering encouragement to the younger goddess.

"You're doing great, my dear. Just one more time!" Hera encourage.

The goddess of wisdom took a deep breath and with all of her might pushed her baby out of her with an ear-piercing scream that escaped her mouth and tears streaming down her face.

Then a cry filled the cave from the newborn baby Athena just gave birth to. She looked down to see her child on Hera's arm and a sob escaped her mouth.

He's beautiful.

Athena would like to watch her baby boy more but she'd felt a contractions crash into her once more.

"Hera," Athena called to the queen of the goddess who was cleaning her baby, pain evident in her voice.

"Is the other one on her way?" Hera asked as she conjured a bassinet and placed the newborn child in it. She went and seat to her place once again. "Okay, Athena just like what you did earlier, took a deep breath and pushed. Okay?"

Athena nodded. She took a deep breath and began to push. And it goes on for minutes until another sound of a cry fills the cave. The goddess of wisdom panted as her back hit the bed and her body slumped tiredly.

"You did great, my dear," Hestia smiled as she brushed the strands of Athena's hair that were stuck on her sweating forehead.

Athena smiled tiredly and her eyes went to the queen of the gods who was walking towards her with her two children in her arms.

"Here they are, Athena," Hera smiled as she placed the two newborn babies on their mother's side.

Athena sideways with help from Demeter. The goddess of wisdom stares at the two newborn babies that she gave birth to. And when their eyes opened and stared back at her, she couldn't help but let out a teary smile.

Athena doesn't want to say this because she knows she'll break her other children's hearts but... This is the first time she feels like she truly is a mother. She greatly loved her children, she really do but for these two... it's a new feeling.