Chapter 20: Eye-Opening

*****

"Atalanta! What did you do?!" Artemis shouted.

Atalanta turned her head and looked at her mistress' eyes, smirking like a psycho. Artemis took a step back.

"I did it, milady," Atalanta said still laughing. Artemis looked at her huntress.

"What?" Artemis asked quietly, in disbelief.

"I did it, milady! I kill them! I kill..." then the dazed in Atalanta's eyes disappeared. "...them," Atalanta looked confused and lost for a moment then her eyes widened as she saw the Elites. "E—Everyone? What... what happened to you?" then her eyes went down and she immediately let go the knife she holding. Then she become horrified as she saw that she was covered by blood. "W—What did I do?" Atalanta trembled as she stared at her bloody hands. 

Artemis stepped forward, Atalanta looked at her mistress then she back away. "No, no. Don't, Lady Artemis. Don't come near me. I don't want to hurt you. I'm a monster, I—" Atalanta cut off as she fainted. 

"Atalanta!" Artemis ran towards the huntress and catches her just in time before she hit the ground. She moved some strands of Atalanta's hair behind her ears. Then Artemis turned to her hunters. Horror, shock, and worry were written on their faces. "What happened?" Artemis demand.

"Milady," Artemis turned her hand towards her Lieutenant who slowly sat up with a grunt. "We're having a good time with the Elites when all of the sudden Atalanta attack the men. She looks like someone possessed her as she drove her hunting knives to them," Alex freed her from the chains. "We're in shock but nonetheless we back to our senses to try to stop her but Rielle, Tanya, and the others came out of nowhere and restrain us in the process of knocking me out," then she turned to Matilda who bit by bit regaining her color. "And Atalanta was about to impale Nathan with poison when Matilda stop it but she still got wounds making the poison enter her body."

"Lucky for us, she is a legacy of Iaso," Cyrus panted as his body slumped to the floor, weak and tired. "Her body has its own antidote against illness and poison who dares to enter her body. She knew this that is why she take the knife for Nathan," then he coughed blood while grinning. "Bro, Marry this girl already." he teased then he passed out. Cesia rushed to him and move his head to her lap to make it his pillow.

Once it all processed to Artemis, she turned to her hunters. Her eyes bored to them with disappointment and outrage. "Explain yourselves."

"Milady, they're males. We can't just let them walk around freely. We—"

"So you choose to harm them? Nearly killing them?" Artemis asked in disbelief.

"Milady," Rielle said in disbelief. "Are you saying that you are choosing their side over us? Your hunters?"

"Rielle, I love you and your sisters, but you're wrong this time. The Elites did nothing that will harm you for the past few days we were with them. Asides from pulling pranks and teasing and constantly bickering they did nothing that will harm you. And yes, I hate males. But they proved to me that they are different from the others," Artemis said then her stoic expression soften. "I'm saying this to you cause I love you, and as your mistress, mother, sister, and friend I need to correct you from your wrongdoings."

The hunters were shocked. They couldn't believe that their mistress, the biggest man-hater of all, are siding with one.

"And you just didn't hurt and nearly kill them, but you also put in danger this maiden," Artemis said as she pointed at the daughter of Hera.

"We d-didn't plan to include them, we're j-just planning to hurt the males," Tanya stammered. Her eyes were closed to burst into tears as she saw the disappointment at the moon goddess.