Chapter 26: Approval

*****

Percy groaned as he slowly regained his consciousness. His eyes slowly opened but then closed as he felt a pang in his head. The god wait for a few seconds before he opened his eyes again and blinked them multiple times.

"Good, you're awake," a familiar feminine voice said.

Percy turned his head and there, he saw the moon goddess sitting comfortably on the couch that's a few feet from him. The god of time watched Artemis cut the apples into pieces. He stared at her and watched every move she make. He didn't know if he is crazy but her cutting an apple was so charming in every way. And he doesn't know why but this past few days (or weeks) there is this unfamiliar feeling stirring inside him wherever he sees the moon goddess. He doesn't know what is this but he likes it.

He's in a kind of daze, just staring at Artemis when he remembered something. Percy's eyes widened and he sat up.

"What happened to Melinoe?!" Percy blurted out. Panic was evident through his face. "Where is she?!"

Then he froze when he felt a dark aura. Percy turned his head and scooted back as he saw the dark face of Artemis, her hand gripping tightly the knife she is holding.

"Why are you looking for her? Do you want her?" Artemis asked coldly.

Percy looked at Artemis fearfully. He gulped before he answered. "O-of course not! I'm just worried that you know? I almost married to that psychotic goddess..." he trailed off and shuddered then he looked at her. "Tell me. I'm not married yet, right?" he looked at her pleadingly.

Artemis raised an eyebrow but the corner of her lips slightly tug upward, looking at him amusingly. "Lucky for you, the marriage has not been sealed. And even though you do the kissing part—" 'Which is I'm not going to let happen...' "...Hera said she will not acknowledge it, meaning the marriage will be invalid," Percy was about to open his mouth when Artemis raised her hand to stop him. "And if you're still worried and for the piece of your mind. We asked Hera about it and she assured us that you and Melinoe are not married."

 'And if that happens, I swear I will make that pathetic psycho woman faded,' Artemis thought, already thinking ways how she will make the goddess of ghosts suffer, 'till it faded.

Percy sighed in relief, hand on his chest. "Thank goodness..." then he looked at the moon goddess, who's now eating apples. "So... Lady Artemis," the moon goddess looked at him. "How long have you been sitting there?"

Artemis stopped chewing then she turned her head to the side with a hue of gold painting her cheeks. She swallowed the apple she was eating before she speak. "Long enough," she said softly. "Someone needs to watch over you in case Melinoe decided to pop out of nowhere and just abduct you."

Percy nodded and smiled. "Thank you."

The moon goddess ducked her head, smiling. Her hands fiddled with the hem of her clothes.

The god of time was about to lay down again to his bed when he realize something. He turned his head and looked at the goddess of the hunt with wide eyes, mouth hanging open. Percy's eyes traveled from Artemis head to toes.

Artemis noticed it and looked at him confusedly, at the same time consciously. "What?"

Percy looked up. "Y-you're on your 25-year-old form."

The moon goddess's eyes widened and looked down on her body and saw that she really is in her mid-20s form. "I— Uh..." she looked up to Percy and blushed harder as she saw him staring intently at her. She looked away, flustered. "I— Uh... I t-think I unconsciously turned i-into this form while l-looking at you..." '... while you are sleeping...' Artemis added through her mind.