Chapter 32: Dream

*****

Snow was falling.

Ponds have been frozen.

Green land becomes white.

"The winter has started," a woman said.

She was looking at the sky, watching the snow falls down. She held out her hand to catch some snowflakes. Due to being so small, the woman enhanced her eyesight in order to truly observe it. She eyed the little flakes on her hand with calculative eyes. Then a small smile formed on her face, "What a beautiful little thing."

The woman wears a white off-shoulder sleeveless chiton that reaches her ankles. There were slits at either side that goes from her upper thigh down to the bottom of her dress. A bronze belt circled her slim waist, showing her curves.

This woman is Athena, the Olympian goddess of wisdom and war, the daughter of the King of the Gods, Zeus, and the titaness, Metis. 

"Father! Stop!" a voice of child giggled. 

Athena turned her head to where the voice of the child came from. 

"Oh, no. Say what you said earlier first," a man said with a playful tone.

"N-no... I-Im s-s-sorry!!" the child said between her laugh

"Then prepare yourself, my child!" the man shouted then the child shrieked.

The goddess of wisdom follows the voices. From afar she saw a father laughing while tickling his child that was now on the ground. 

"What is happening here?" a boy come out of the house. The father-daughter turned their heads.

"Brother! Help me!" the girl pleaded while her hand is held out. Athena deduced that the boy and the girl were twins as the two seemed to be the same age and they very much looked alike.

The man smirked with a glint in his eyes, "Come here, my boy! I remember you also said something about me going bald."

The boy paled and took a step back, "I'm not saying anything—" 

The boy didn't finish his sentence when his father leap and grab him, then he tackled both of his children.

"Now, now, children," a voice said, everyone, turn around to see a woman with her arm crossed with an arched eyebrow, but looks at them with fondness, "Dont play outside while winter occurs, you three might catch a cold. And also it's already dinner, the food is ready. So, get inside." 

The three nodded with a smile and they headed inside the house. The twins laugh at what their father said while their mother just rolled her eyes but there's a smile on her face.

Athena watches the family with curiosity and envy but mostly— longing. Being a goddess of wisdom, she can't help but get curious about what having a family feels like. She envied the mortals as she doesn't experience what their families have: the warmth, the joy, the happiness. But a great part of her has questions.

Will she ever experience a family like theirs? Will she have children that she will cherish and a husband that will be with her for eternity? Does having a happy family possible for an immortal, goddess like her? 

Before she gets lost in her thoughts, thunder clapped loudly in the sky, signaling that the Winter Solstice is about to start.

***

In the mainland of Greece, there is a mountain—the highest mountain— called Mount Olympus, where the home of the gods. Where... 

The streets were full and noisy,