chapter 29: vessel fragment 3

The group were still taking a break from their encounter with this dark eel leviathan. This is a new creature they haven't seen before. Delirious got out of the sea truck and swims to it to scan the unconscious leviathan. He is cautious about it as he scans it. After that he looks at his pda to see what this creature is.

 After that he looks at his pda to see what this creature is

Delirious Pda: scan complete..... The shadow leviathan a massive 60m+ leviathan that appears to be the odd convergence of several evolutionary offshoots.

Shovel-like head: The streamlined head of the shadow leviathan helps it slice through the water as it approaches its prey. Beneath its smooth skin is thick head plating that is used as a battering ram to ward off competing Shadow Leviathans during mating season.

Segmented legs: The legs are covered in a thick segmented exoskeleton similar to an arthropod. The leviathan's legs are used less for propulsion - which is left to its blade-like tail - and more for hunting prey. The thick legs fold open over captured fauna like a cage, while the strong exoskeleton protects the tissue beneath from damage as the leviathan feeds.

Bioluminescent digestive tract: The Shadow Leviathan's mouth leads directly to its digestive tract, which secretes a highly acidic compound onto captured prey. This bioluminescent cavity attracts light-seeking phytoplankton, which in turn draw in larger fish.

Assessment: Extreme threat - Avoid at all cost.

Delirious now know what this leviathan is and what it's capable of. Cool name he thinks as he sends the shadow leviathan data to his friends. Delirious swims back to vanoss sea truck and after a minute of break they continue on. They would need to do this quick before the shadow leviathan is conscious again. They see a giant hole that goes deeper to the next layer of the crystal cave. Then the first thing they see up head is a giant crystal formation of a castle. Vanoss can see that the location of the last body component is underneath a that crystal. Vanoss went up ahead along with the others following him to the crystal castle.

They came to the crystal castle and see if there is a way down to it. For vanoss he can barely see where to go. it's a little difficult to see it but there's a narrow hole that goes down.

Vanoss: guys

All: ya

Vanoss: you stay put, I'll be back

Wildcat: you don't want us to go with you

Vanoss: I'm sure

Wildcat: ok

Delirious: be careful

Vanoss than exits the sea truck and swims to the narrow hole of the crystal castle. The others are wondering what vanoss is doing but they assume that he going to the cache if the architect.

Vanoss went through the narrow hole of the crystal castle. It than transition to rocks that became a cave now. At the end he found the cache entrance to the last body component. As he approach it the energy door begins to fade, allowing him to enter. As he enters he looks to see that the door is preventing the water from flooding the room and he turns to see a short hallway. He also see a container that holds the last component for al-an.