oneshot 7. [Water Boy]

Ship: Heeseung×Niki

This was a "request" made by sasha_kimseo on my board!

Hope you like it!

Start!

He was just a water boy and the other was the soccer captain.

---------------------------------------------------------

Heeseung sat at the bench, watching HYBE and SM compete in the finals.

The match was close, a 13-14.

Though SM team was leading, he continued to hope that HYBE would win.

The roaring cheers from the audience made him wince, it was so loud.

He focused back onto the game, currently, Shota was currently surrounded by 3 opponents, resulting in him not knowing where to go.

Heeseung anxiously nibbled on his bottom lip as he watched Sian from his team try to get into a free spot without another opposing teammate block Shota's way of passing the ball.

Once he sent Shota the signal to pass the ball, Shota distracted the 3 males with other hand gestures and aimed it in the another way before kicking the ball, hard, with his other leg in Sian's direction faster than the speed of light.

Heeseung heaved a sigh of relief watching Sian run while dribbling the checkered ball.

The SM team seemed shock by the skill and was dumbfounded.

Before they had the time to react, Sian passed the ball to Jay, the vice captain from their team and they aimed for the goal. The goal keeper which Heeseung recognised as Juyeon fell on the ground, not being able to block the ball.

Just then, the whistle blew.

"Time for a break! Round 1, 14-14. A draw. 3 minutes!" The referee called out.

Heeseung immediately snapped back into reality, grabbing 11 water bottles and some towels for the team.

He distributed the items to the members while Niki, the captain briefed through their plans.

The teammates panted, sweat trickling down their forehead as their shirts stuck to their back.

"Can Kevin take my spot instead? I feel like I'm dying." Gunwoo groaned.

Heeseung nodded his head, signalling for Kevin to come over as well as bringing Gunwoo to the bench, giving him a small electronic fan.

"Thanks Seung-ah." Gunwoo muttered, closing his eyes as he felt the breeze hit his face.

"No problem, Gunwoo." He replied back, getting a towel for his friend.

Just then, the whistle blew again.

"SM's ball! Get into your positions," the referee shouted, "1...2...3... START!"

When SM team was about to score, Sunghoon quickly ran up to the boy who had the ball, which was Eric, and blocked Eric's way, resulting in the ball being kicked through Sunghoon's legs which Niki was behind.

He began running to the other side of the field, ball dribbling on the ground while other opponents tried to catch up.

Unfortunately, an opponent managed to catch up to Niki's speed and stuck out his foot, which Niki couldn't avoid in time.

Everything seemed to pass in slow motion, the crowd's distressed cries for the star player, the way Heeseung covered his mouth in shock and the way Niki tripped over the other's foot, causing him to tumble forward and soon he let out a pained yelp, immediately sitting up, holding onto his ankle.