43

In their fifth year, Remus and Sirius had their first real fight as a couple. It had to do with Sirius constantly distracting Remus who was trying to study for OWLs.

"Jesus, Black! Can't you find someone else to bother for once?!" Remus snapped, he was stressed and Sirius just wouldn't be quiet.

Sirius flinched a little at the tone, Remus had never actually been mad at him before. A little irritated, but never mad. "You've already been studying for hours though!"

"You should try studying sometime too!"

"I don't need to."

"Then go away."

"You're being a dick."

"And you're irritating."

"Fine! I'll go!"

"Good!"

Neither of them wanted to apologize for the spat, even though they both felt guilty almost immediately after yelling at each other. They were both too hardheaded for their own good.

So instead they spent the next three days not talking to one another and pouting. Remus sulked to himself mostly, but Sirius vented to James every night about it. On the third day, James was throughly done with them. So at lunch he slammed his hands down when Remus said 'James, tell Sirius to pass me the salt'.

"Both of you are being completely ridiculous! You are acting like a couple of children. Both of you apologize to each other. Now!" James' tone reminded them of Euphemia Potter so much it scared both boys into complying.

"Sorry."

"Sorry."

"A real apology!"

"Bloody Hell Potter, could you sound anymore like your mum?" Remus complained. James seemed to flush a little at the comparison but held his ground until Remus gave in first. "I'm sorry I yelled at you the other day."

"I'm sorry I wouldn't stop bugging you when you were trying to study. And for calling you a dick."

"Now," James got up and shoved Sirius over to sit beside Remus before sitting back down. "Hold hands."

"Seriously?" Sirius said at the order.

"By the time you've stopped fighting you'll not want to let go anyways."

"You're so annoying." Remus grumbled to his friend as he and Sirius took each other's hands.

"He really sounded like Mrs. Potter, it was kinda scary." Sirius whispered to Remus.

"Apple doesn't fall far from the tree I suppose." They both laughed a little, and Remus squeezed At Sirius' hand.

"I really am sorry. I promise I won't bug you so much when you're trying to study."

"I'm sorry too, I overreacted. Next time I'll tell you when it's getting to be too much instead of exploding like that."

"See? Told you it would work." Lily could be heard whispering to James.