45

Super sad, I got part of this idea from a tumblr post I saw once but I can't find it anymore.

After Sirius is sent to Azkaban, Remus stays out constantly. He hates being alone in the flat they once called home together. He leaves early for work and comes home late, just in time to go to sleep. Where he sleeps on the couch, because he can't stand the large empty space where Sirius used to lay.

One night when he is coming home from another late stay at the bar. He spots a black dog curled up under a bush outside his apartment. It was malnourished and someone obviously had abandoned it at the spot.

"Oh you poor thing," he picks up the dog that's too weak to walk and brings it inside his apartment.

After a few weeks, the dog is perking up and getting healthy again. Remus starts sleeping in the bed again because the dog loves the space and to sleep right in the middle of the bed - curled up by Remus' side.

One day the dog licks at Remus' face to wake him up and take him for their morning walk. Remus, still half asleep, mutters out, "stop it padfoot." As soon as the words leave his mouth he jolts up in the bed. "No," he covers his face with his hands and starts to cry. "Sirius is a traitor. A traitor. He murdered your friends. Stop it. Stop loving him. Stop missing him. He's a traitor."