11- La Carcacha

"Carcacha paso a pasito, No dejes de tambalear" sang Selena as we listened to one of my Selena tapes in Emily's car. While Emily bobbed her head and made a few sounds, I was actually the one doing the singing. Meanwhile, Marvin just sat there as stiff as a board and sighed a few times. Once the song ended, the tape went out. Something inside of me felt a little bad for the guy.

"What's wrong Marvin, don't like Selena?"

"No, not really. I remember watching the movie. She's just not really my cup of tea. Although, I was a little sad when she died at the end."

"Me too. I couldn't stop crying after I found out that Yolanda killed her. My friend Jeremy had to drag me to school after that weekend."

My heart had been shattered into a million pieces and my body was in pain. Somehow it also felt numb. There were no more tears left to cry and yet, my eyes needed more to release. Nothing made sense. Why couldn't I just die?

"Hey Emma, how's it going?" asked Jeremy as he walked into my room and watched me lay on my bed. "Guess you're still not doing well."

"Dude, just leave me alone," was all my voice could say. "Unless you can bring her back, just leave me alone."

As Jeremy sat on the bed, his hand was placed on my shoulder.

"I rather not say what Jeremy said next," I interrupted myself from finishing.  "Let's just say that her death was really painful. It was like losing a really close friend. And if I could, I would bring Selena back from the dead." Everything inside of me did my best to hold in those tears. A couple of them did find their way out.

"I'm sorry to hear that," apologized Marvin. "Guess that's what happens when you actually lived through the experience and..." Marvin quickly paused and from the glimpse of the rearview mirror, looked a little nervous. "I mean not that any of us actually lived through the experience. You know what, I'm not making any sense. I'll shut up."

For a brief moment, the ride was silent as Marvin gazed out the window. It was up to me to bring the positivity back.

"Alright," I began. "You don't like Selena. What kind of music do you like?"

It almost looked like the poor boy didn't want to talk to me. Did he just want to get to the party as soon as possible? Maybe he really was that desperate to find Dr. McButters. But why was this doctor so important?

"To be honest, I find music a little annoying." Along with Emily, my jaw opened wide and made a shocked sound. "Okay, don't hate me, but you'd hate it too if your parents were really into music. My dad can't shut up about the latest artist he discovered and my mom just never stops singing. And she really needs to work on her guitar playing. It sucks." 

"Guess we all have to find that thing we're passionate about. What are you passionate about?"

Marvin probably really hated me after asking that. It took about a minute to get back a response.

"I'm not sure. I'm not sure if I'm actually passionate about anything. I mean I guess I kind of like math and science. And I seem to know really random facts. Most of the time, all I do is read Wikipedia." And again, it felt like there was panic coming from Marvin in what he just said. "I'm sorry. Did I say Wikipedia? I meant encyclopedia. All I do is read from encyclopedias."

That kind of sounded like a sad life. Sure, I sometimes lived a sad life, but at least I had a passion for it.

"Hey," excitedly screamed out Emily. "Maybe he's passionate about SpongeBob or cartoons in general!"

A light giggle came out of our passenger with a smile. Could there be truth to that? Could the dude have a passion and not realize it?"

After a few minutes, we finally arrived at the party house. To say the least, it was a big house. It was bigger than mine. Bigger than Jeremy's place. Neither of us had a pool as this person did. Crap, whoever this person was, they were rich. After finding parking, both Emily and I stepped out of the car look and looked as fly as ever as we spent over an hour looking our best for the party. There was this one guy who dropped his cup after checking me out. It felt kind of nice to be hot. Unfortunately for Marvin, he was still dressed in that SpongeBob shirt. All three of us got in line to enter.

"You're good to come in," stated Ted to a couple of girls in front us. "Have a nice time and don't break anything." A giant smirk had taken over that ugly face.

"Are you kidding me," my mouth blurted out? My heart began racing and my head began sweating. There was a sudden urge to poop. "Is this actually Ted's house? Crap, he's not going to let us in."

"Well look what we have here," spoke Ted once we stood right next to him. "If it isn't Emma and Emily." Where the hell is your little boyfriend?" All of the sudden, that smirk turned into anger.

"You mean Jeremy?"

"Yes, where's Jeremy? Why the hell isn't he here with you tonight?" Wow, that voice was getting angrier and impatient by the second.

"I don't know." At this point, all I wanted to do was run back to the car and hide. Part of me started getting dizzy. Was this the time to pass out? "Honestly, I don't think he knows about the party. I didn't even know about the party until a couple of hours ago.

"Makes sense considering that I didn't give you an invitation. And after today, if Jeremy were smart, he would stay away tonight."

"As I said, he probably won't be here."

The next few seconds felt like an eternity. It was as if Ted were deciding to let us in or not. And finally, we got an answer.

"Alright, the two of you girls can come in. Have fun and don't break anything. There's been enough that's been broken today."

And of course, we entered without Marvin. Emily didn't seem to care though. Without hesitation, my own best friend rushed into the kitchen and wasn't shy about mixing drinks. I on the other hand, just stood near the door waiting for our nerd friend to enter.

"And who might you be?" asked Ted.

"Uh, guess my name is Marvin. Am I good to enter? I'm ready to get jiggy with it."

The mean and angry bully howled like a hyena at what Marvin asked. A couple of other guys joined in.

"You seriously want to come to this party?" The howling continued. "Seriously, what the heck are you wearing? SpongeBob? Isn't that some lame cartoon for little children?" Marvin couldn't find an answer. So, Ted answered for him. "Hell no, you can't come in." With that, he instructed the two guys next to him to throw him into the sewer. Directions were followed.

Something had to be done. Somehow it was up to me to rescue Marvin from being thrown into the sewer. Nobody should have to experience that. For whatever reason, I couldn't. Doing so would mean standing up to Ted. Maybe if Jeremy were here, it could be done. Maybe. Marvin would be fine. Enjoy the party it was.

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed it. Ted is letting all of you come to the party! lol. Don't forget to comment and vote.

Are you surprised this is Ted's house?

Is Marvin going to be fine?

Will Ted let Jeremy come to the party?

Have you ever been to a party?