39: Home Again

Emma

Wanting to listen to the mixtape, Marvin agreed to listen to it with me after we endured a long quietness glazing at the stars lighting up the dark sky. My mind couldn't remember the last time Jeremy and I gave this tape a good listen. Heck, it had to have been at least a year since Jeremy added any music to the tape. Selena somehow sounded a lot better.

Usually, there was some static coming from the radio and the sound of the music wasn't as good as it could be. With all the songs on JEM, every song sounded like there was some static. This wasn't the case. What did Marvin do? In a sense, I felt like I was literally at a Selena concert. She was right there on stage. There I was in the audience listening and dancing. Everyone around me was singing along to her music and everything went dark.

Walking through a bright and sunny meadow, my daddy stood from a distance as he held a flower with a smile on his face. Wasn't he supposed to be dead? Why was he alive? I had to know. The more I ran towards him, the further he got. After a while, I finally caught up to him. There he was looking healthy for a few seconds.

Boom! His whole body went dark and it vanished into the air. My heart rate sped up. Where did he go? Moments from hyperventilating, Jeremy showed up and walked up to me. No time was wasted in proposing to me. All I could do was scream in joy. Never would I have ever expected anything like this to happen to me.

"Today's the day," shouted a mysterious voice that sounded like Ted. "Today is the day."

Jeremy vanished into the air. The voice claimed that I was next. The ground began to shake. My legs couldn't run. All I could do was stand. It couldn't end like this.

"No!" I screamed with heated skin and heavy breathing. Looking around, I was safe in the car. Marvin was gone. Where did he go? It dawned on me that I had fallen asleep. The mixtape was playing a song that I wasn't familiar with. This must have been a pick from Jeremy. Yes, I needed to step out of the racecar and take a walk.

Jeremy

With it being nearly midnight, we were back in Hailey's car. It was time to call it a night and were back on our way home. Most of the car ride was spent listening to and talking about music. In just a short time, we were at my house.

"I had a nice time tonight," I proclaimed attempting to get out of the car. "Thanks for crashing into my bike."

"No problem," Hailey laughed nervously with flushed cheeks. "And now that you have my number, you should call me tomorrow morning so we can meet up."

Meet up tomorrow morning? This goddess actually wanted to meet me tomorrow? This was almost like a dream. A dream that I didn't want to wake up from. Was it possible to keep the dream alive and hang out the rest of the night? It almost seemed like Hailey didn't want the night to end as she offered to help me out of the car. Yes, she actually got out of the car and opened my door to let me out. Heck, she walked me to the front door. This was quite the role reversal.

"Looks like I made it safely to the door," I stated not sure of what to say."

"You sure did," was her response. "You sure did."

The two of us just stood there in awe of each other. At this rate, would I actually make it inside my own house? That was the question. Somehow, our fingers came together and our bodies were dangerously close. There seemed to be some heat against us. At least I could feel the heat. The girl simply gazed into my eyes.  The sweet, pure, and crazy soul clearly wanted to be with me. Our faces slowly grew closer with my heart ready to rip out of my skin. Bam! Just like that, her lips touched my cheek. Yes, she gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"See you tomorrow Jeremy," she giggled in embarrassment. 

With that, Hailey walked away from me and headed toward her car. There were about three different times, the girl turned around to give me a happy look. Never before had my mouth grinned so hard before. Part of me wished we could have shared a real kiss. Oh well. Maybe that could happen by prom.

Walking into the house, it was completely dark. Everyone was asleep as nobody was waiting up on me. That was surprising considering that I had failed to call my parents to let them know what was going on. Once everything was good, I made my way into my room to an absent Melissa. She was nowhere to be seen. Where was she? Where did she go? Did she decide to go home? Did she suddenly remember everything again? So many questions that would likely never get answered.

Unfortunately, with a missing Melissa also came a missing device. Yes, the device was not where I left it. My stomach felt sick. The urge to puke was growing. My whole body felt dizzy. Where was the device? Did Melissa see it and take it with her? Was she planning on selling it on the streets for money? How much was that thing actually worth? Surely, not a grand.

For the next ten minutes, I searched my room thinking there could be a possibility that the thing got moved. That possibility was false. It had not been moved. Okay, I needed to calm down. Maybe this was a good thing that it was missing. Maybe knowing more about what happenens between Hailey and me was a bad thing. Perhaps this was a blessing in disguise. Needing some air to think, I headed out to the junkyard. To my surprise, Emma was already there with her back against a large tire. The girl didn't look happy to see me. Crap, I screwed up.

Hope ya'll enjoyed this chapter. Let's hope things aren't too weird between Jeremy and Emma. Remember to comment and vote.

Thoughts on Emma's dream?

Should Jeremy and Hailey have spent more time together?

How will things be between Jeremy and Emma?