16- The Macarena

Jeremy

With the bottle in the hands of Hannah, my eyes couldn't help but wonder. Sure enough, they met Hailey's eyes. Quickly, she smiled and looked away while my heart skipped a beat. Did she smile at me? My heart skipped a few more beats at the very thought. If only this girl could smile at me again. With all this gushing, I somehow missed Hannah spinning the bottle. Much to her disappointment, it landed on Ted.

"Crap," her voice quietly sighed in hopes that nobody was listening.

Hannah and Ted simply just observed each other. Were they actually going to kiss? Maybe a nice hug would do it. After a couple of minutes, nothing was happening. Finally, the evil and stupid bully grabbed Hannah and gave her a quick peck on the lips. If only it had landed on Hector. Something inside of me wondered if they had a thing for each other.

"How about we make it a little more interesting," Ted spoke before spinning the bottle. "Why don't we play a nice game of Truth or Dare? With the evil smirk on his face, it was clear that he was up to something.

It seemed like everyone was up for doing that. Maybe this could put an end to all of this kissing. Although part of me was hoping to kiss a certain someone, at the same time, it was a relief. Ted wasted no time in spinning that bottle. Sure enough, it landed on Hailey. There were a couple of gasps from the circle. Whoa. Imagine if they actually had to kiss. Thank goodness Ted changed things up.

"Alright Hailey," spoke the evil Ted. Truth or dare?"

"Truth. As if I would want to pick dare."

"Okay, is it true that you're a slut that sleeps around with every guy you meet?" Wow. Fierce. Maybe it wouldn't have been a bad idea to pick dare.

For a moment, Hailey almost looked pissed. "I don't know Ted. Like, why don't you ask all of the girls you slept with at my eighteenth birthday party?

The room went silent. For a moment, I thought I heard crickets. Things were getting weird. Maybe it was a blessing that they had broken up earlier that morning. Thankfully, Hailey broke the silence and spun the bottle. It landed on Emma. She picked dare.

"Alright Emma, I dare you to dance with me to the song I'm going to play on this stereo."

Turns out, there was a small stereo behind Hailey that none of us noticed. This was going to be interesting. Never in my life had I ever witnessed Emma actually dance. Why did Hailey want to dance? Was she any good? Emma stood up looking unsure of herself. I'm sure the last thing she wanted to do was dance with Hailey. Finally, the stereo was ready and the two of them stood in the middle of the circle with everyone else scooted back.

The song began to play with a familiar sound that had me tapping on my knees. Soon enough, it became apparent that this was a Spanish song. Immediately, Hailey put out her left arm followed by her right arm. Emma's face lit up once she realized what was happening. They were dancing to "The Macarena."

Emma joined in and their palms began to face the ceiling. This was followed by the crossing of their shoulders. After a few other moves, the girls jumped to the side. Emma messed up a couple of times, but it was impossible to notice that large grin on her face. They were happy. The two girls were smiling at each other. Of course, it had to come to an end.

It was Emma's turn to spin the bottle. After a fast spin, the bottle landed on me. Crap. It landed on me. My head felt dizzy. This couldn't end well. And in my head, I had to tell myself not to pick truth.

"Jeremy, do you pick truth or dare?" She asked with a strange annoyed-looking beam on her face.

"Dare. I pick dare." Yeah, she definitely wanted me to pick truth.

"Alright," her voice had much disappointment. "I dare you to tell us who you're crushing on."

Oh crap. This is exactly why I didn't pick truth. My whole body went numb and it felt like the room had somehow grown larger. All eyes were on me.

"Um," my voice began speaking. "Well, she goes to our school and she's really pretty."

"She sounds really interesting," sarcastically claimed Ted. "How are you still single?"

"Shut up Ted," interrupted Hailey who put her sight on me "Like, I think it's sweet. Whoever this girl is would be lucky to have a guy like you. I'm almost jealous. Why don't you ask her out?"

At that moment, all I wanted to do was drop dead. Was that an option? Why don't I ask her out? Why did Emma have to do this to me? She would pay for it later.

"I don't know. She was dating this guy and they recently broke up..." What the heck was I saying? "Maybe it could work between us, but we're about to graduate... Maybe she likes me. It would definitely help if I had her number." My body was beginning to sweat and a decision was made to shut up.

Hailey began to giggle like a little school girl. "It's so cute that you're nervous. You must really like this girl. You'll have her number tomorrow before lunch."

"Before lunch?" Ted jumped in. "And just how are you going to get this girl's number when you don't even know who this idiot girl is?"

Without looking at Ted, she gave a response. "Trust me, I think I know who this girl is."

It was finally my turn to spin the bottle. Suddenly, everything felt fine as Hailey's promise got stuck in my head. It was as if the last couple of minutes hadn't happened or at least weren't as bad as it seemed. Somehow, I felt a great sense of power. The bottle landed on none other than Ted the man himself. He immediately announced that he wanted to do truth.

Taking a deep breath, I thought about what I was going to ask. My brain began laughing once the question was thought of. "Alright Ted, is it true that you have a small penis?"

Everyone except Ted lost it in laughter. And my attention went right towards Hailey who gave me a quick grin of approval. It was at that point; I knew I could do anything. It looked like Ted had both fists ready for me.

"It can't be as small as yours you little virgin."

"You sure about that?" asked Hailey in a surprising turn of events. She gave me a look as if she were seeking some sort of approval. "Some people remember things differently," she whispered to herself under her breath.

"And if Hailey was so great, why did you sleep with those girls?"

Wow, I was good. Hailey must've thought so too as those cheeks of hers began to blush. She delivered another sight of approval.

"You know what?" Ted stood up looking about ready to pound me. My heart began beating as if it were going to explode. Crap, what had I done? "If you think you're so great, I dare you to take Melissa in the closet and play Seven Minutes in Heaven with her. Show us how good of a man you are.

"Deal," blurted out Melissa. "Let's do this."

WOW! Things are getting crazy! Hope you're enjoying this story. Please comment and vote!

Have you ever played Truth or Dare?

Does Hailey know that Jeremy is crushing on her?

Do you wish Jeremy could've kissed Hailey?

Thoughts on the next chapter?