26- Hailey From a Distance

Emma

The second the bus parked and let everyone out, Jeremy wasted no time in being the first one out of the bus. All I could do was roll my eyes. Once out of the bus, Emily was spotted at a trashcan letting all her vomit out. She must've had quite a hangover. In support, I walked up to her and patted her back.

"Hey dude," she barely greeted as it looked like she was moments away from passing out. "Sorry I ditched you at the party last night. You know how I am with alcohol." Just like that, my ears heard the worst sound man could ever hear. It was the sound of heavy and intense vomiting. Maybe I underestimated just how much fun Emily had at this party. Once she finished, more words were to be said. "How was the party for you?"

"It was fine. I actually played Spin the Bottle with Jeremy, Hailey, Ted, Hector, and some other people. Jeremy actually made out with someone in the closet." A cough left my throat. "They actually played Seven Minutes in Heaven if you can believe that.

Emily's full attention was now on me. "Hailey? Did he make out with Hailey?"

"No, it wasn't Hailey. Just a friend of his. Long story."

If that girl was sick and puking those lungs out, I'm sure she would've asked me twenty more questions. Instead, there was only one more question.

"What about Marvin? Did Marvin have any fun at the party?" Her body couldn't stand and found itself sitting on the ground in weakness. My butt also took a needed seat on the ground.

"Actually, Ted had some of his idiots throw him into the sewer." Emily's face showed great concern. "Don't worry, he's somewhat fine. He found me in the racecar last night after the party. Of course, now he's missing two of his feet that apparently randomly vanished. Don't even ask me how that happened. I don't know." 

This was obviously a lot to take in for someone experiencing a massive hangover. The very thought of all this made me want to puke. With that thought, the subject was changed.

"Anyways, are you coming to my showcase tonight?"

That question had the girl laughing. "You mean the one that I dropped out of last week?" A nodding head was my response. "Duh, of course, I'll be there. How could a best friend with a major hangover miss something like that?"

Jeremy

It never occurred to me how much energy my feet could have when it came to running. Wasn't I just dead tired an hour ago? Thankfully, they didn't have to run for long as Melissa wasn't too far off. She had made it to the parking lot and placed the bike in the bike rack.

"Melissa!" Being a tired boy out of breath, talking was going to be a miracle. "What the heck are you doing with my bike?

"Oh, hey Jeremy." The bike was safely where it needed to be as Melissa made her way over to me. "Sorry about stealing your bike, but when I woke up this morning, something in me strongly felt that I needed to bring your bike to school. It was this weird urge that I can't really explain."

Feeling dumbfounded, it was unclear how to respond. Was I supposed to be happy or angry?

"Uh yeah, thanks, I guess."

At that very moment, Ted bumped into me and interrupted whatever was going on between us. It looked like a bomb went off in his head. But that didn't stop him.

"Watch where you're going you little freak." Was this bump an accident? Somehow, this felt like Ted wanting to bump into me. Why wouldn't he? Of course, he quickly noticed Melissa

"Well, if it isn't the closet lovebirds." A smirk found its way to that ugly stupid face. "You two have any more fun last night?" Looking directly towards Melissa, a question went to her. "His wiener big enough for you?" Neither of us responded as we let Ted have a good laugh.

During this time, we both noticed Hailey from a far distance walking with a friend. My heart skipped a couple of beats. Would she make her way over here? Would she stop Ted? Would she attempt to converse with me?

Once the laughing stopped, Melissa surprisingly pushed Ted against the wall and wasted no time in giving him a sloppy wet kiss. Was this girl actually into the infamous bully? What the heck was going on? Part of me was wondering if I was dreaming. Was she trying to prove some kind of a point? Interestingly enough, Ted seemed to be really into this make-out session. By this point, Hailey was alone and getting closer. Did she notice me? It dawned on me that Melissa was doing me a favor. Would I take advantage of this favor?

Think Jeremy, think. What happens if Hailey makes her way over here? How would Ted react? Alright, what if I met her halfway. Ted wouldn't notice. But what would I say? Hello? What would we talk about? Would I walk with her to class? Sweat was dripping down my forehead in anticipation. It was unclear if she had yet spotted me. Of course, she noticed the three people waving at her. Ms. Popular waved back with a smile. It was too early in the morning for all of this. It didn't help that I was tired.

"Hailey, fancy meeting you here," I whispered to myself trying to practice for the big moment. "How about that game of Spin the Bottle? I'm thinking I made out with the wrong girl."

Crap, she'd probably hate me if those words actually came out of my mouth. Maybe it would get me a slap on the face. My body was in pain thinking about the possibilities. Just like that, I zoomed off and made my way into the building. I knew I definitely would regret this moment for the rest of my life.

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Don't forget to comment and vote.

Thoughts on Melissa kissing Ted?

Did Melissa give Jeremy the perfect opportunity to talk to Hailey?