28- arranged

High. I need to feel like this everyday. I forgot about my screwed up family, my screwed up life. I forgot about everyone and everything that clouded my mind.

_____________________

Word had spread that Draco was now dealing drugs. He had good shit to be fair. I know that I had gotten him tangled up in this drug mess since I gave him the cocaine. I took a long drag of the joint I was holding, looking over to Cora's beautiful sleeping face. I exhaled, smoke covering my face. This shit had no effect on me anymore, I still remembered my problems. I needed something stronger.

I couldn't believe what I was doing. I slowly dragged myself towards Draco's dorm, hesitantly I knocked on his door. Once. I heard shuffling around. Twice. Whispering could be heard through the cracks in the door. Three times it took for blondie to get to the door.

"My goodness. Do you have a girl in there or something?" I asked, trying to get into his dorm but failing as he blocked my way. "Let me in"

"No" he replied plainly. I quickly slid behind him to find a girl in his bed. Her name was Astoria Green grass or something.

"What do you want?" Draco mumbled, sitting himself on the side of his bed.
"Drugs. And none of that weak shit you've been giving me recently."

"Draco you said you weren't dealing anymore!" Astoria squeaked before Draco grabbed me by the arm and dragged me outside of his dorm, closing the door shut.

"Delilah, you can't. Do you realize what it's doing to you?" Draco growled, keeping his voice low.
I couldn't care less what it was doing to me, I just wanted it.

"I can just go to Seamus, he probably has stronger shit that you" I said, turning around and leaving Draco topless.

I returned to my dorm and had the remaining drops of alcohol left in my last bottle. Suddenly, I heard an owl tapping at my window. Was it not too early for owls? It was another letter to come home.

~•~

DRACO.

Astoria left pretty much straight away, with one of my favourite jumpers. Within few seconds of being alone, an owl starting tapping at my window. Another letter to come home.

3 more hours I had left before I went to that hell of a home. 2 more hours. 1 hour.
I had packed a few things but I came to the conclusion that I wouldn't need much. My fingers were sweaty and beads rolled off my forehead. Would Voldemort be there again? Would Delilah be there?

~•~

My house elf was waiting at the gate for me upon my arrival. I couldn't help but smile as she waddled her way towards me.

"Welcome back Master Draco! It's so good to see you!" Her ears flapped with excitement as she jumped.
"Hello Tix. What a delight to see you! Do you have any idea why I was rushed here so quickly?"

As quick as it had appeared, her smile left her face and she could no longer look me in the eye.

"Tix promised master Malfoy she would say a thing to anyone" she said timidly, taking my bag and leading me into the house.

"My son what took you so long?" The recognisable voice of my dad shouted, as he quickly made his way  towards me from the end of the long corridor.

"Nothing father. Why have I been called here?"

"Now son, you know it's rude to ask questions, follow me. Mother is waiting for us in the dining hall with food Tix prepared."

The dining room was dark and gloomy, a single table, no longer that 30 metres in length, hovered in the middle, stretching all the way down. Mother was sat at one end, father's plate was set up at the other, and I was set up on the left side.

Mumsies face looked sad and drained, ive never seen her look like this before.

"We have something we need to tell you. So as you know you are now 17, meaning you will be a legal adult soon." Father started. This wasn't going to be good.

"We have arranged a marriage for you"  The words struck through me like a knife, no. I couldn't be married. I was too young for this much responsibility.

We. Have. Arranged. A. Marriage. For. You.

"With who?" Were the only words I managed to croak out. Mother looked at me with nothing but sorry sadness in her eyes.

"They will be arriving any minute now."

DELILAH.

I couldn't bear the thought of going home again. If I could even call it that. It took me 2 hours to finally pluck up the courage to go.

My hands were shaking as I stood infront of the towering mansion which only spoke fear.

As if by magic, all my nerves disappeared as I saw my house elf skip towards me. She looked bruised and swollen but as happy as ever.

"You better get in now, Master is incredibly angry".
Just the words I wanted to hear.

The old oak door creaked open and father was waiting for me there.

"I'm going to tell you something. No speaking until I'm done and we're already running late"

I nodded my head as I braces myself for whatever was about to come out his mouth.

"You are to be married next month's to a worthy gentlemen. It has all been arranged and we are leaving to see him now."

My jaw dropped. This was the type of thing that only happened in nightmares, to be fair my life was a nightmare.

We evaporated to this man's house and once again, I was shocked at who it belonged to.

DRACO.

"She's here!" Father childlishly squeaked as he opened the door.

I was beyond surprised. We were staring at eachother. She was as white as snow. Her hair was like the ugly leaves around a rose. Her eyes were wet and glistened in the light. The palm with the ring father had given me to give to her as an engagement ring was sweating.

"Will you marry me, Delilah?" I said blankly, grabbing her hand, preparing to slip the ring on.

"I do" she said, confused.

We were to be married. Next month. Me and Delilah. Delilah and I.