Alexander Part 2

A cop talks to me. I've been there in station for hours but it feels like I woke up from anesthesia. They've asked me many of the same questions over and over. I feel devastated. The cop who's name I've forgot at this point is asking me questions. His sympathy is genuine. I focus into realty to hear him talking to me. 

"Alexander." I look at him "Yes?" He starts to question again "do you have anyone for a ride home? we don't think you're mentally stable" I shake my head. "No, No I don't have anyone could I get a ride home?" The cop nods his head. "we'll get you a ride home." I continue to have a blank mind. I just can't even believe she was taken from me. I check my phone to see 2 voicemail messages. 1 from my work and 1 from Simon and Barbra. I don't even want to check on it. I check the time. 7 am. Dear God. I keep re running that situation in my head over and over. I can see his/it's face clearly. 

What's weird is how bored Abby looked. I have never seen a woman so bored in my life. maybe I imagined it but why in god's name was she so bored looking. Normally I never stress out but why? Why would someone take away the love of my life on my wedding day? wait that's not accurate. proposal day? I need to do something else. I don't smoke or anything. When I get into the car the officer looks sad. "hey man I'm sure we'll get her." I look at him. "I hope so." 

He looks at me again. I look back. "What?" I ask blankly. "it's just that well do you have powers or something?" "Or know someone?" "It's been years since a Card even looked at a regular person." I continue to give him a dead stare. "Sorry" "It's just it hasn't happened in a while, you're a man of high enough wealth where you could buy a dud card." "The chief wanted me to ask."

 "No." I say to him. I am lying to him but why tell the truth about something so important. Besides I'd be locked into a prison for lying. Well it isn't a lie anyway I never used a dud card. Whatever whatever. The cop looks kind of sad. "You really love her don't you?" "I wish I knew a kind of love like that." I ask him "How old are you?" He responds "20". I gawk. "20? what the...you are young kid." He smiles a bit from that. "yeah my dad wanted me to be a cop." I see we're close to home. "it's the next right." 

He pulls up and looks at me again. "You just live in a normal house?" It was just a typical suburban house nothing fancy to even look at or talk about. "no fancy cars or anything either?" I just say "nope. I want something that would take me from point A to point B. I don't need a fancy house either." I grab out my hand for him to shake it. "Please find her." He looks back and I see a look of determination. "You got it sir."

He walks back into the car and drives away. Why was he so determined? I....I'm distracting myself I guess. God I just now realized how I probably shouldn't be here. Where would I go? I didn't even open the door before I left. My car is here. No. I need to be here for her. I text work about what happened and they said for me to take a week off. 

I think working would keep my mind off of it. I look at the door. wait. wait wait wait wait wait. How was this door fixed? I never called for this. I check my phone. No only 911 me hearing my voice mails and texting was all I did. He kicked this door down and it's the same door. I pause. maybe that's why I wanted to leave so suddenly. Maybe that's what they want to think. I hate indecision. I then wonder how in the hell they got the crime scene done so fast. Am I loosing it? No he had to have broken down this door! I start slowly walking back towards my car. Although I think I need to say something so they don't think it's weird I just looked at my door.

"I guess I need to check the old car." Or is that what they want me to think? I take a sharp breath in and pause clearing my mind for a few seconds. I exhale and put my hand on my chin. Now this is a mystery. No crime scene ever has been this quick. If I left at 5 pm and was there till 7 am there's no way they could have had the time to collect everything. Then fix this door unless they were somehow confident enough on who it was. But if that was the case why wouldn't they tell me? People just don't work nightshift unless it's something serious and this isn't like a psycho who murdered 13 kids it's just a simple kidnapping. 

So what is it? Plus it's weird that no one would tell me that they fixed it but unless that kid was a damn good liar and wanted me to die he'd send me here. However he seemed 100 percent genuine. So what's wrong here? I open the door of my car and see it is spotless. I take a step back and see the whole thing is clean and was even waxed. It's just a simple Japanese car that runs forever so why would they feel the need to wax it?

Maybe it's that guy and he wants to send a message but what message is clean this guys house and car? I look underneath the car and don't see anything out of the ordinary like a bomb or anything....not that I'd really know what a car bomb looks like. I check around my glove box to see it was also organized too. I close the glove box and close the door. I look around. I really look around for any detail that could be off place besides my car and my door. 

It's not like I even know how to use my powers but I might have to get a quick lesson. The other Card users had videos I always watched so I have a small concept on how it works but not enough to fight or anything. besides even if I did know the other guy is way more experienced. I slowly make my way up to the door again and put the key in. before I could turn it open a suit of armor comes and lands in my yard. 

The suit comes up and stands there. "You're that Jayson Love guy aren't you?" I say. The suit says nothing. "Did you guys put that guy up to stealing my girlfriend?" No response yet again. "Do you want money?" "Do you want access to my medical talents?" The suit talks with Jayson love's voice "No what I'm wondering is why you were skulking around outside your own house." The machine then resumes its regulars pose.  

"The door was broken before I left." "The car was spotless and now that I see it so was my house's outside too." The robot talks right back "So?" "Most people don't notice anything like that when their spouse is kidnapped." "They go right into the house." I get angrier in my response. "I noticed it alright! Look like I said if you want a bribe just be a man about it and tell me so I can get this over with!" The robot walks around me. "Hehehehehe." You'd think I'd kidnap some f grade medical doctor?" "I'm the smartest man alive." "I was just sent here to check if you were the one who set it up but since you are so desperate for your cripple." 

"I mean deflate your own ego here man." "you're a giant looser who hangs out around nursing homes in his free time." He berated me. I say nothing. He obviously is just stepping around the point he wants to make. The suit continues "See what I want to know is why we found a small burnt object like paper in the back door of your house." "Like who just burns paper at 6 am before work?" "Was it a time and a date for your girlfriend to be kidnapped?" I say nothing. "see that's what I know really happened." "That's why I didn't even bother restoring it because I'm right." 

He continues still. "See If this is a fetish or whatever you can just tell me and we'll be on our way." The robot has continually gone around and around. I say to him "That was my Card I burned, I just didn't feel safe having it be displayed or the fact anyone could see it." The robot stops and laughs. "You? Power? Get OUT! HAHAHAHAHAH!" It's true I think to myself. but all i can do is slightly feel around me like i can move dust around so I know I have it but I don't know how to properly use it yet.

The robot stops "wow now that's a laugh." "Kid you're clean I just like toying with people but that THAT is something I would never hear anyone ever say something so blatantly retarded. I mean you'd have to what hide your power for 7 years?" "No way anyone would be STUPID enough to wait out their powers for 7 years." He starts laughing again. After about 30 seconds of the robot being on the floor it gets up. "Well I'll be on my way." If I find your cripple I'll let you know." It flies away after knocking me down. 

Well that mystery is settled. I go to my door and unlock it. I open it to see the house perfectly cleaned. Sad and confused I go to our bedroom and grab a blanket to go to sleep. I remind myself to brush my teeth, and then go back to bed to sleep. Am I really a looser? I then remember seeing Abby's bored disinterested face again. If that guy ever comes back I need to be ready. I need to get him. 

Abby why was your face so disinterested? why can't you be here right now? I struggle to keep my eyes open but that's all I see when I close them is a looping of that interaction. just seeing her face then her being taken. Tomorrow is training day. tomorrow I'll prove to Jayson Love I am not a looser. I doze off into terrible nightmares.