Chapter Twenty Two | Don't Change Cheerleading

"Alright let's go!" Chloe shouted, commanding the girls to line back up in a row.

After Chloe made the announcement about her being the cheer captain again and that there was no way she would be replaced, the girls awkwardly and quietly mumbled their answers to the earlier question she asked about why they were there. After that Chloe had them answer more questions about their experience and what they have all done.

Now she divided them up into groups with varying levels of experience, as a way to create a somewhat equal mini-team. That way it was easier for her to figure out who was good, who needed work, and who was wasting her time.

Cheerleading is the one thing that Chloe loves the most in the world - besides herself. She takes pride in cheerleading. It's something that she has thought about every day of her life. It is the only thing she will pay attention to and pay attention to things in depth.

The girls were now mirroring each other with the basic movements involved with cheerleading, she made the more experienced girls show the less experienced girls the proper shouts.

Of course, Chloe made sure they all knew the typical chants. But also know their school's personal chant. Chloe personally loves that chant, probably because she's the one that came up with it.

"Let me hear you roar!" Chloe shouted, rubbing her pom poms together, showing the girls what they needed to do. This was their main cheer. It always got the audience's attention. Maybe because it was the one that allowed the audience to shout and scream and get all their energy out.

Everybody always gets so excited for their football team. It makes sense, they are the best team in the state. They have been champions for the last four years, which is no surprise that it is the same time Chloe has been part of the cheerleading squad. But this is one thing Chloe cannot take ownership of.

It's not even something her parents can take ownership of, they didn't donate any money to the school. Not like they could have anyway, they don't have any internship in football, never have and most likely never will. Unless her brother wants to play. Which will be years until then.

No, the football team has done so amazingly the last four years because of Dallon Kylander. Dallon has been the best kicker for their school in decades. He has drawn so much attention to the school that people come from all over the state, hell from all over the country to see him play.

Which Chloe thinks is the stupidest thing ever. Why do people care how well a small-town football kicker plays? Who cares that he has NFL prospects and multiple scouts hitting him up at every game.

There is one good thing from this all. All the extra people - including the most annoying and over-the-top Dallon fans - means they have the biggest in-person fanbase, and even have viewers streaming it online. They might not be there to watch Chloe and her cheerleaders, but boy they were going to sit and watch them cheer.

This is why it was so important that they needed to master the 'hear me roar' cheer. They needed to jump the highest jumps, have the largest grins, russel the pom poms together the fastest and most elegant way.

One thing Chloe has learned a lot recently if somebody doesn't happen with what is going on, they're going to make their annoyance and hatred known. Chloe absolutely refuses to let them cheer team fall down in her terrible fate from the last few days.

Having Ana tryout is going to be the only bad thing that happens to the squad. That is a promise.

The small groups all followed each other, though it was obvious that some knew more about what was happening than others. Maybe she should separate the good people from the bad people. Or at least note down which ones are doing better than others.