Chapter Seven | Don't Kick Her Out

It was Monday, and after the weekend Chloe had, she is glad that she can go back to school. She needs the break from her family and staff members. And also some time away from her giant house, that barely seems to be lived in. 

Things with Linda hasn't improved. In fact, Linda has been ignoring Chloe any chance she gets. Though she is still mad at her and doesn't want to see her right now, she still sends somebody to come in once and a while to check in on her. 

Chloe appreciates that Linda cares about her that much. Especially because she hasn't given her any reason to do so. Instead, she has given her many reasons to not care.

Hell, her own family doesn't seem to care as much as Linda does.

"Okay, class I hope you have had enough time to get to know your partners," Mr. Yates pauses as the class groaned while a few nodded. "Is that so?"

One thing about Mr. Yates that Chloe likes, is that he asks rhetorical questions like that all the time. However, her classmates never seem to quite understand that.

"Yes, it is Mr. Yates," somebody said in the front row. Chloe rolled her eyes, why are people so stupid. She glanced up from her phone to the front of the classroom and fought to roll her eyes again.

Of course, it was the school's nerd. They never can pick up on social clues or understand common sense things.

"Thank you for that, Sarah," Mr. Yates responded flatly.

Chloe could feel the corner of her mouth flipping upwards. Apparently, her positive feelings towards Mr. Yates were returning. Maybe he could become her favorite teacher again.

"Hey, can I borrow a pencil?" Dallon asked leaning over to Chloe.

She didn't respond to him, only looked over at him with a blank face.

What gives him the right to talk to her? He never had a right or reason to actually talk to her in the first place. He especially does not have a right to do so right now.

Not after Saturday, not after the girl's day that he crashed. That might as well have ruined her life. Nothing else is the same.

Ana has been more open and careless lately. She hasn't been concerned about how Chloe will react or what she will think. Ana has been talking a lot more lately, sometimes even interrupting other people talking. That person sometimes ends up being Chloe. And everybody knows that is a bad thing.

Chloe has heard and seen things around her. She's heard people gossiping about how they're surprised that Chloe is keeping Ana around for so long, especially because they can tell Chloe can't stand her anymore.

That alone is surprising. Chloe usually makes sure to get rid of somebody way before they start annoying her.

For some reason Ana has been able to stick around, it's confusing everyone, even Chloe. She just can't seem to let her go. Chloe doesn't know why.

"Hello? Chloe?" Dallon asked, still pestering her.

Chloe continued to ignore him and pretend that she was listening to the lecture. In reality, though, she was zoned out thinking about nothing.

Her phone hasn't been as active lately than it usually is. That's a major problem, something that she needs to fix quickly.

Because in her mind, a silent phone means that people are losing interest in her. That cannot happen. Nor should it be possible. Chloe has and always will be, the center of attention. Nobody can change that. It won't happen.

"Chloe?" Dallon whispered again, this time complete with a poke to her side.

"What?" Chloe snapped, accidentally shouting. Instantly the whole room became silent. All eyes on her.