Chapter Twenty Six | Don't Watch Her Every Move

It is finally the weekend and Chloe gets to have a break from all the gossip and drama of school. Thankfully, and weirdly, the week hadn't got any worse.

Cheer practice ended up going well, both times. Ana actually shut up and let Chloe lead practice. Apparently, she realized how bored and annoyed the girls were just standing there while the two of them were arguing instead of doing any practice.

Chloe took it easy on Ana and led the first practice as it usually is. Start with a warm-up to bring up the heart rate and stretches to get the body ready.

After that, they went over the basic routine aspects of jumps, tumbling, and stunts. Once everything was talked about and Chloe was able to get an assessment of how the girls are all able to do the needed movements, then they moved on to talking about actual routines.

Then she came clean to Ana by admitting there are a few set quick cheers to use during football games that they use every year - and they are easy to learn and teach. They are called cheer chants and Chloe absolutely loves them.

She made that clear as she launched into each of them with a giant - real - grin on her face. Cheerleading is truly the only time where Chloe can fully relax and enjoy herself.

Sadly, once Chloe finished running through all the quick cheers, then it was time to end the practice. Thanks to Ana's little show earlier, there wasn't enough time to go over the routine they will use during halftime and pre-games.

Nor did they go over the routine that they would use for nationals.

But that is okay, the girls had a lot thrown at them in one day. Don't want to overwhelm them to the point they want to quit. Having the girls quit at the first practice would be awful.

Chloe stuck to her promise and allowed Ana to lead the second day of practice. Surprisingly, Ana did well. She didn't panic anymore as she began to on the first day.

She led it with confidence that made it look like she knew what she was doing. If Chloe didn't know any better, she would have thought Ana has been cheerleading most of her life. And coaching it as well.

Chloe must be one of the best instructors in the world if Ana was able to pick it up so well and do so well. That made her proud.

Though there is a possibility that Ana learned online after performing hours of research. Or so she claims. However, Chloe is going to take the credit.

And now it's the weekend. Usually, Chloe would be going out to the mall with Mia and Ana, or they would go tanning and get their nails done. Especially at this point of the year.

On rare occasions Chloe would stay at home, by herself, doing whatever she wanted to. And on even more rare occasions, she would be spending the day with her brother.

However, their parents thought it would be the best time to take a week's trip to Spain and took Caleb with them. They said it's the perfect opportunity for him to learn Spanish.

Why would he need to learn Spanish? And why wasn't Chloe allowed or asked to come with?

Maybe they thought that since its cheer season, she wouldn't want to leave.

That would be true. Chloe's main priority is cheerleading and nothing can make her way from that.

But, the season just started so there's not much practicing that needs to be done. And the first football game is in two weeks.

Meaning there is no need to do additional practicing.

Especially since Ana won't light up on the whole co-captain and desire to lead practice all the time. Chloe has no reason to be at practice. At least not every single one of them. She could have taken a week off.