Chapter Thirteen | Don't Compete with Her

Today was the start of a new thing. Chloe wasn't sure how much she will like it. It is the complete opposite of the new thing that yesterday was about. Yesterday was all about redeeming herself, making herself known. It wasn't difficult because it was just her, she didn't have to worry about anything.

But today was different. She had to do the same thing, prove she is the Queen of the school and that everybody follows her orders. The difference between yesterday and today was that she had competition.

Ana wasn't kidding yesterday. After the showdown yesterday before school, Mr. Yates came in, promptly kicked out Ana and started class. Chloe wasn't paying attention to anything Mr. Yates said, instead she spent the entire class period soaking in anger trying not to burst out.

That would have been a bad thing to do. Especially since she burst out and yelled at Mr. Yates the day before hand, she wasn't sure that she was back on his good side yet. They haven't talked, nor has Chloe apologized. It's not like she has refused to, she just hasn't had time to do so yet. Though she was planning on doing that today, after class.

Now she wasn't sure if she was going to. If she had the time to, that was questionable. She had to run to the common place, straight outside to the table, and find Ana. She had to make sure she got to her with plenty of time to spare.

They had to talk. No questions about it. There were things that needed to be said, from both parties. One thing, the main thing, was what was going on with Ana? Who does she think she is to pull that card?

She didn't get a chance to respond to her yesterday. So, the conversation ended right there, with the entire classroom staring at them with wide eyes and big mouths in shock. This had never happened before, nobody has ever dared to challenged Chloe. Nobody had ever come close to it.

Up until yesterday.

Today was basically supposed to be redemption day 2.0. She has to prove who she is and what she can do. But she didn't want to, nor could she, go as extreme as yesterday. It won't look good if she goes all out for two days straight, what will people think of her? Will they think that she doesn't know what she is doing?

Instead she just put on a pair of skinny jeans with holes, a nice floral shirt and a cardigan. She paired it with a nice pair of boots, the most extreme part of her outfit. It was enough to prove she has good control on her life, that she knows what she is doing. People will still look at her and keep their attention on her for a long time. It doesn't hurt that she is Chloe Harris. That name alone makes people stare.

At least it should.

Chloe walked into the school looking at her phone. She wasn't paying attention to the people around her or where she was going. She was trying figure out where Ana was.

They aren't friends anymore. Not since she announced that Chloe had competition in the game of life and popularity. Being friends would be a really difficult thing to do, considering they haven't talked in a couple days and the fact that they are now enemies.

Chloe dropped her phone as she crashed into something hard. Did she really just walk into a wall? In a populated hallway no less. Chloe looked up with annoyance on her face.

Once she looked in front of her, she realized that it wasn't a wall that she ran into. But rather it was Dallon. And he was looking at her with a confused face.

"Did you really just run into me," he questioned with disbelief in his voice and face. "I thought those things only happen in movies."

"So, what if I did? Why were you in my path?" Chloe shot back at him.