Chapter Five | Don't Forget about Chloe

Chloe was laid out on her stomach on her bed with her feet kicked back behind her. Post Malone was blasting through her Bluetooth speakers that surrounded her room. Nobody was home right now, so she could play her music as loud as she wanted to. It wouldn't have been a big deal otherwise; her room was so big - and soundproof - that nobody else could hear her music. Plus, she has her own floor in her house. All the more reasons to blast music without concern.

She was currently on her phone, trying to control all of the notifications. This is a daily struggle of hers. Her phone constantly goes off, there is never a moment of silence.

Sometimes it is so annoying, she can never get a break. Her phone is always in her hand with thousands of notifications to go through. Sometimes all she wants is silence and an empty phone screen.

Chloe couldn't even finish that thought without snorting and laughing. Who would enjoy a silent phone? How could somebody be content to go through the day without anyone checking in on them a million times a day? Gosh, that would be so boring, Chloe thought.

That would be very concerning. Should a person have at least one person check in on then? Isn't that how the world goes around, with people knowing stuff about another person? At least that is what it seems like on the news.

Who is she kidding, Chloe doesn't watch the news. All of her knowledge on this topic - and many more topics - is from paparazzi reporting on celebrities. Chloe doesn't care about any other news. None of that other stuff concerns her, so why should she.

Suddenly a knock sounded on her bedroom door. She almost didn't hear it over Post Malone's voice. Instead of getting up and checking who it was, she picked up the remote for her speakers - careful to not accidentally pick up her 70" flat screen tv's remote instead - and shouted at whoever to come in.

She had a feeling who it was, that's why she didn't bother to move from her position on her bed.

The door open and sure enough, she was correct. Standing in the open space was the head maid of her family.

"Chloe darling, how are you?" She asked, waiting for permission to come into the room.

"You can come in, Linda," Chloe said, sitting up on the bed with a smile on her face.

Linda is easily one of Chloe's favorite member of her family's staff. She wouldn't be too surprised if she was her number one favorite. Linda has been there through everything that happens in Chloe's life. She wouldn't know what to do without her. Linda is definitely her rock in this world.

One of Chloe's favorite things about Linda is that she doesn't treat her like an overly important person, and not like Chloe is her boss. Instead, she treats her like a person, sometimes it seems even more like a friend.

"What's up, Linda?" Chloe asked with the smile still in place. She debated on gesturing at the spot next to her to have Linda sit down. She eventually decided on not doing that, as she would seem too much like a soft, normal person that people walk over. That is not the image she is trying to paint.

"I wanted to know if there was anything you wanted to eat. I didn't think you grabbed anything when you came home from school," Linda asked with her hands clasped in front of her. She has moved from the doorway and was now currently in the middle of the room.

"I grabbed a banana," Chloe answered, pointing to the trash can.

"Oh my, let me just get that. You don't want to leave that there for long. It's going to rot and smell really gross. You don't want that," Linda repeated herself as she reached into the trash can.

Chloe tensed up as Linda dug around in the trash. She wasn't that sure what was in there, and she hoped there wasn't anything bad in there.

"Alright," Linda started, and Chloe squinted her eyes behind Linda's back. "Do you want me to make you anything to eat?"