Chapter Six | Don't Ruin Girl's Day

Chloe was sitting in the passenger seat of Mia's car and Ana was riding in the back seat. Today was Saturday and Saturdays are for their Girls Day. This has been a tradition since the beginning of high school, as that is when they were able to get their licenses and be in charge of themselves.

It was also the time Chloe's parents gave her access to her savings and trust fund accounts. Even though they gave her clear instructions to not go overboard and buy a lot of stuff and drain the accounts, Chloe didn't care.

It's not like she has access where she can see how much is in there or anything.

She doesn't, and that's all the more reasons to spend the money. Because in that sense, it's not her money. And that's her favorite thing to do, spend money that is not hers.

She's actually pretty shocked that she hasn't run through all of the money yet. Either it's a lot more than she thinks it is, and by a lot, she means a lot. Or it could her parents could be adding money to it.

And if that's the case, that means they are supporting her spending habits and therefore, it's okay to spend all of her money. Then there is nothing wrong with it.

Which is good, because with the week Chloe just had, she could definitely use some retail therapy. Usually, she sets some kind of budget, more like an idea of what she wants to spend. some kind of budget to stick to, pretty much an idea of how much to spend.

Today is different though. She doesn't have a budget today, and she is not planning on doing that. Nor is she planning to keep track of her spending at all. Especially after the week she had. Today she is planning on treating herself and treating herself good is what she is going to do.

"So, what are all of you going to get today," Mia asked, glancing at Chloe and then Ana in the rearview mirror. After that, she rolled her eyes before flicking them back to the road.

Curious, Chloe followed Mia's eye movement and looked in the back also. Instantly, she knew what that was for, Ana was knocked out in the back seat with her at a very uncomfortable angle backward.

Chloe couldn't help but grimace. That can't be comfortable at all, she thought. Chloe's neck started to hurt the more she looked at Ana and thought about it. Oh well, Chloe thought as she turned back around in her seat so she was facing the front and looked at the road, it's her own fault. She shouldn't have gone so hard partying last night.

The three girls and Mia's boyfriend all went to a guy in their grade, Micah, party last night. Of course, they had to go, Chloe needed to go and it would be awkward if she showed up by herself without anyone.

Ana went crazy with the drink last night. The only person to do so. Chloe lost count how many drinks Ana had. It had to be somewhere around five at the minimum.

Everybody else had two or three. Chloe, on the other hand, had none. She just pretended to nurse one all night. As odd as it sounds, Chloe doesn't really like drinking. She thinks it's stupid. Why would somebody want to get so drunk that they forget everything that is happening? That they forget who they are and act stupid and immature?

And logically, why would somebody want to put all that poison in their body. Even if it's just for one night, Chloe can't understand why someone would want to do that.

It helps that Chloe doesn't like the taste of alcohol. She never had, and she's had the option to drink for a while. Her parents are never home, but their alcohol cabinet is. And it is almost always unlocked, or super easy to find the key.

Seriously, why would someone hide a for something tingly on top of it in plain sight? It's almost as easy as keeping the key in the item. Might as well not lock it up at that point.