× 2 ×

"Hello my name is Jay, nice to meet you."

Hoenstly speaking Jungwon had never seen someone so handsome. His mind suddenly ran blank as he continued to stare at the new student.

"Okay you guys may find a seat," The teacher instructed. Which, they did as told. Everyone was watching Jay specifically, watching where he would choose to sit. You could tell he felt uncomfortable and uneasy with all this new attention. He didn't even bother to examine the classroom or look for faces to befriend. Jay just went straight to an empty row of seats and sat by the window. Without wasting time, the teacher began teaching to everyone's dismay. They wanted her to sit and take attendance or type on her computer for a few minutes at least. But no.

Jungwon swore he was a good student. But today? He didn't feel like paying attention. Or not to the lesson at least. He would much rather examine the new male student. For what the teacher told him to do earlier of course, nothing else. The student council president ran Jay's physical attributes through his mind like a song on replay. He didn't mean to, it just happened subconsciously.

"Bleached hair, sharp jawline, pretty eyes, perfect nose." Jungwon suddenly peeled his eyes off the male shaking his head from the thought. "Ah what am I thinking..." The young boy whispered to himself. "Get yourself together Yang Jungwon." The younger reminded, embarrassed to be thinking about a stranger so much.

And so the lesson continued, the teacher went over notes for a bit and then posted an assignment for them to do online. No surprise, Jungwon finished it quickly and turned it in with remaining free time for the rest of the block. Instead of getting some of his other tasks completed, the younger confidently got up and sat in the empty desk by Jay. The new student stopped what he was doing and just stared at Jungwon. Since Jungwon wasn't expecting much given the male was new, he decided to introduce himself before it got awkward. "Hello! My name is Jungwon! I'm the student council president here. Your name is Jay, correct?" The younger asked with a smile.

Jay only nodded and nothing else. This one wasn't even trying to be polite. Jungwon paused before asking another question,"Where did you transfer from?" The new student was hesitant to open his mouth and speak but eventually did, "America" Since the response was short and straight to the point Jungwon didn't know what to say next. "Oh.." escaped his lips.

"So you speak English?" Jungwon asked, trying to remember if he said that sentence properly since English is his second language. Jay also responded in English but super short, "Yeah."

"Do you know Korean?" Jungwon asked in English again, trying to come off as friendly as he could. But he only wanted a topic to keep the conversation going. "Of course." Jay answered in Korean as a scoff followed his words. Jungwon didn't know if Jay thought he was trying to belittle him, which wasn't the intention. "Ah sorry..."

It was an awkward silence after that. Jungwon just sat there trying to come up with something to ask or really just something to say. Before he could try again to conversate the teacher called him over once more. He tried his best to not sigh out loud of annoyance and went to Mrs.Park's desk. "Yes?" The student body president asked with a tone only he knew was fake. And from there she just sent him to help around, the usual.

[×]

"Ahhh hyung what do I do?!" Jungwon questioned while he banged his head on the cafeteria table. Sunoo chuckled at his friend, "You're upset because a new student didn't talk to you?" Jungwon sat up quickly, "Yes!" Was his loud response. Sunoo just laughed more finding Jungwon's reaction cute. "Wonnie I think he still needs time to adjust to a new place. Don't stress about it. Everyone loves you." Sunoo assured. "Why are you so worked up over him anyways? He's that handsome, huh?" The pink haired male added while teasing.

"I don't know actually..." The student sighed, he finds his own reactions weird. Sunoo couldn't help but roll his eyes at the logic of his friend. "Hey guys!" Jake called out with lunch in his hand. And beside him was their other friends, Sunghoon and Heesung. The three sat down with the youngest two. "Hi!" Sunoo waved with a smile.

This friendgroup was known through the school for obvious reasons. Good looking, smart, talented, the list goes on. "So, who is SO excited to be back at school?" Sunghoon said as sarcasm dripped from his voice. You could tell he was tired already. "Me!" Sunoo responded, but only to the sarcasm. The group laughed and they continued to talk and eat while doing so. "Gosh I'm so done and its only been two periods." Heesung chuckled, the rest agreeing.

"Look, look!" Sunoo whispered, smacking Jungwon's side and pointing not-so-obviously at a blonde haired male across the cafeteria. Jungwon struggled to find who he was supposed to be looking at but saw eventually. "Oh." Jungwon smirked, poking Sunoo's side to tease him. "He's quite handsome I'll admit." The pink haired male didn't hesitate to answer enthusiastically, "I know right!"

This caught the attention of the others sitting at the table. "Ohh does our Sunoo have a crush?" Heesung asked, wiggling his eyebrows. "N-no." Sunoo denied, quickly stuffing his mouth with strawberries. This caused the others to laugh. "Sure." Jake teased.

Some time passed as the group of friends chatted for almost the rest of their break. "Hey, im gonna go early today." Jungwon spoke, standing up. "Okay, walk with you after school?" Sunoo asked to make sure. Jungwon nodded and left, almost as if he was in a hurry.

The boy walked the halls, searching for a particular new student he had only met earlier. He felt bad actually, looking for only Jay to show him around when he was assigned all the new students. But he wanted an excuse to see that male again. It was weird, he was drawn to him. Never is he drawn to anyone.

After a few more minutes of searching their rather large school and almost giving up, Jungwon bumped into a broad chest which snapped him out of his thoughts. He stumbled a bit backward from the impact. "Ah...I'm sorry." Jungwon apologized even though it wasn't his fault necessarily. Whoever turned the corner turned it too fast which resulted in this collision. "Oh." Was all the other person said. The young student finally looked up to see the one he had been searching for. "Jay hyung! Are you ok? I'm sorry." Jungwon chuckled softly. "Yeah, I'm fine. But don't apologize." The taller replied. "Well...I was actually looking for you." Jungwon says. To be honest he was surprised Jay had said a full sentence.

"Me?" The older questioned. "Yes you Hyung." The smaller laughed at the others dumbfounded expression. "I wanted to show you around the school, well, unless you've already explored or gotten someone else to do it." Jungwon explained. "Oh uh...no thanks." Jay turned down the offer without much thought. Jungwon frowned. No one ever rejects him? It's not like his ego was high where people have to cooperate with his every wish, they don't, but he's just not use to it. "Ah...okay then. Well if you ever need me, I'll be around." Jungwon said lowly.

"Jungwonnie!" A voice called out. The one mentioned turned around. "Soobin Hyung!" The younger cheered, holding out his arms for a hug. Which of course, the blue haired senior gave. They don't get to see each other often, plus it's been a whole week since their last school day.

"Is this a new student?" Soobin let go of the short hug, pointing to Jay and looking him up and down. Jungwon nodded, "Yep! He came here all the way from America." The oldest nodded before changing the topic, "Oh by the way, this boy asked me to give these to you." Soobin held up the box of chocolates and rose in his hand. "Gosh I'm always the delivery service for your admirers." Soobin chuckled, shaking his head and shoving the gifts into Jungwon's arms. "Sorry hyung, to be fair people were all over you too before you started dating Yeonjun hyung." Jungwon said. "You have a point. Oh, Jay, Jungwonnie here is very much admired. Be lucky hes even talking to you." Soobin laughed. Jungwon smacked his chest, "Stop joking hyung! That's a stretch." Jay could only stand there awkwardly. He didn't know what to even say. He wasn't fond with the idea of socializing just yet. But I guess he felt a bit special the schools main student had wanted to get to know him.

So Jay being Jay, he nodded and just left. Straight up like that. "Whats his deal?" Soobin scoffed, turning to Jungwon and seeing an unreadable expression on his face. "Just leave him. I'm sure he'll come around eventually." The younger tried to smile and shake it off. "Well, wanna hangout with me, Yeonjun, and the others?" Soobin asked. "Of course!" Was his response.

And so, they all hung out for the remaining minutes of their lunch break. Then it was back to schoolwork for the rest of the day. But throughout the day, Jay felt a pair of eyes always lingering in his direction.