× 12 ×

[Flashback]

Jungwon was ecstatic to go to school. There is only one week left until winter break. Not only that, Jay would be there. And after all that had happened during the weekend, it was finally time they could finalize things. The two agreed Jungwon would walk with Sunoo to school since Ni-ki was sick and couldn't accompany his crush.

"Whats up with you?" Sunoo asked with a groggy tone. He hated mornings no matter how close they were to a few weeks off. The younger was just so cheery and it was off.

"Guess what?" Jungwon whispered, a smile spreading across his face. Sunoo hummed, "what?" Jungwon hesitated before speaking again, "We kissed."

Sunoo stopped walking and his eyes went as wide as saucers. "WHAT?!" Jungwon nodded happily, "At his house. We confessed." The pink haired friend started jumping and squealing, forgetting he was tired a couple seconds ago. "Omg you guys finally did it!!" Jungwon blushed and put a hand on Sunoo's shoulder to calm him down.

"So you have a boyfriend for the first time! Wonnie I'm so proud." Sunoo wiped away his fake tears. Jungwon just looked down at this and a small pang hit his heart. "Actually we're not dating yet...we didn't get around to that." Sunoo sighed, "That's okay, you're practically dating if you confessed and kissed. Don't worry about it." Sunoo elbowed his friend and assured him.

Jay P.O.V

I got to the school early for once. I wasn't picking up Jungwon but thats fine since I'll see him when he gets here. I just couldn't wait, I need to make him mine as soon as possible.

I was at my locker, minding my own business with a smile. I heard footsteps slowly approaching and then a tap to my shoulder. I turned around and saw a girl and boy who seemed angry. There was hardly anyone else in the hallway, this felt eery.

"Yes?" I question. The girl crosses her arms followed by a scoff. "Look here Jay Park. You're new, correct?" I thought she was asking a rhetorical question but responded with "yes" after she glared me down waiting for an answer. "Listen up, Jungwon has grown up here. What makes you think you're oh so special to cut the line? I don't know what he sees in you. But I can assure you one thing, you don't deserve him."

The boy then took his turn to speak before I could respond. "You're nothing here. Jungwon definitely has feelings for you, and he hasn't ever been in love. So im going to make this short and sweet, since you're a nobody, none of us care for you, do us a favor and stay the fuck away from our president. Such a lowlife to think you're welcome here."

I was taken back. Did they really mean this? Oh well, they can't hurt me. Like I'm going to stay away from the best thing thats happened to me.

"And If I don't stay away from him?" I smirk with confidence. The two just laughed at me. "I'm sorry I forgot to introduce myself. I'm the principals daughter." She tried to smile innocently but I cringe. "And? I haven't done anything wrong." The boy then took a step closer to me, putting his hand on my chest and holding me to the locker. "Go near Jungwon and she'll release the video." I looked at them very confused. Video? What video?

The girl then lifts her phone to my view and hits play. I gasp and widen my eyes. Some male was beating a girl student as she was on the ground and screaming for help.

"I'll just say this is you. Then poof, bye bye Jay." She giggles, the boy taking his hand off my chest and allowing me to stand normally again. "So if you wanna stay here, stay away from our Jungwon, okay? Oh and don't worry, who's word is he going to believe. Yours or mine? Plus we have spies in all your classes so I'll know everything." She waves me off and leaves.

I felt my breath get heavy and my heart rate spead up from nervousness, a pit in my stomach developing. What. the. fuck.

I feel tears arise, I go to the bathroom and hide in a stall. My vision got blurry and soon there was droplets all over the floor. I rest my head in my hands and try my best to muffle any crying noises. Crying is not something I do often. But what even is this situation? What am I going to do? No matter what happens I can't afford to transfer again. And she's right. Even if thats not me...its still believable.

But I love Jungwon...and I can't risk losing him.

End P.O.V
__________________

When Jungwon saw Jay in the hallway that morning he couldn't help but run up and hug the other. Jay felt his eyes get glossy as the younger embraced him. He didn't hug back, instead, he looked around to see if anyone was watching them. Frankly, everyone was.

Jay tried to mask all his feelings and gently pushed Jungwon away from him. The younger looked up at the blonde in confusion. "Jay Hyung-" the older interrupted rudely, "I have stuff to take care of. Bye." And with that he left the scene.

Jungwon heavily frowned and watched as the one he loves disappear into the crowd. Sunoo approached the younger equally as confused, "Ouch. Are you sure you guys were kissing just a few days ago?" Jungwon looked down, his mind overthinking on why Jay would be so cold.

"Did he play with my feelings?" The younger whispered, staring at nothing imparticular. Sunoo felt bad for his friend but didn't think they should jump to conclusions. "Hey Wonie I'm sure everything will be okay. Don't stress, ok?" The comforting words worked a bit, but didn't last long.

Everytime Jungwon saw Jay that week, going to hug or talk, he was ignored or met with a short excuse. Sunoo could no longer provide assurance because there was no doubt Jay was avoiding him.

Hell. Jungwon even surprised Jay one morning with a kiss on the cheek, shocking those who were watching. Jay panicked. He then did something he would instantly regret. Using force to push Jungwon away.

The younger stumbled backwards looking at Jay in disbelief. The younger displayed hurt in his eyes and Jay prayed to all the Gods above to just be allowed to embrace Jungwon and whisper apologies for what he just did.

As the week went on Jungwon had fallen slowly into a depressed state. He was never in a good mood and was always caught zoning out at lunch or during class. Sometimes he was spotted with a face that looked as if he was crying. Jay no longer sat at their table and was usually never to be found during lunch. Jake, Ni-ki, and Heesung all went to confront Jay after school one day but never got an answer on why he's being like this. Everything was strange and unsuccessful.

Friday eventually rolled around. The day Jay usually meets Jungwon on the rooftop.

The brunette had no hope but thought to just go up there anyways. Maybe, just maybe, Jay will be there with open arms ready to explain his behavior. After all, this is the last day before winter break. It's now or never.

But, the sight Jungwon was met with instead was heartbreaking. He opened the door to the rooftop to find a girl flirting with Jay, or so what it looked like. She was awfully close to him and her finger was on his chest.

"So he really did play with my feelings? Just to move onto someone else?" Jungwon stared at the sight in disbelief. Jay eventually saw Jungwon at the entrance of the rooftop and started to panick. But as soon as they made eye contact Jungwon ran away.

Jay would give anything to explain that is the girl who threatened him. And she's doing it again. Because she knows they meet at the rooftop, and she was spitting nothing but threats just now.

[End flashback]

Sorry for this- ik its lowkey sad but just bare with me

Also I worked so hard on this but it's not getting any attention 😔 oh well...maybe someone will find this story one day