× 5 ×

It had been another two weeks gone by, making it three weeks since Jungwon had met Jay. Nothing much had happened other than their friendship growing stonger. Jay had now gotten comforble talking to the younger and hangout out with his friends at lunch everyday. And every Friday was made to be Jungwon and Jay's time alone time on the rooftop.

"Boo!" The brunette whispered, placing both his hands on Jay's shoulder and leaning down by his ear while doing so. "Gosh, you scared me!" Jay whispered back. His body had visibly jumped from the scare. "Gatcha." Jungwon giggled to himself. The smaller sat down in the empty desk like he always did after finishing the mornings assignment. "Are you done?' Jungwon asked, pointing to the other's laptop. "Not yet, almost." Jay responded. The younger hummed and leaned back in his chair.

Jungwon just played on his phone until Jay turned in the assignment. "Sooo how are you?" Jungwon piped up after seeing Jay hit the submit button. "I'm gooood, how are you?" The blonde hair male mimicked the youngers tone with a small laugh to follow.

Jay turned to face Jungwon after shutting his laptop off. "Did you sleep well?" He asked softly. The younger nodded. They two were quite sleepy given it was early in the morning. This resulted them to just stare at each other for a couple seconds while leaning down in their chairs. It wasn't awkward and their minds were at ease.

"Did you?" Jungwon suddenly asked, getting bored and knew he had to do something in order to keep himself awake. "Mhm." Was the older's response.

"Do you like this school so far?" Jungwon questioned. And every word that comes out of the two teenager's mouths are soft and gentle. The atmosphere between them was calming. Its like they took each others problems and locked it away in the time they spoke to one another.

"Hmm...actually, I do." Jay admitted with a small smile. "Well that's good, I don't know what I would do if you didn't."

"I think its because you're here." Jay said mindlessly. He didn't intend for it to come out as a flirty comment, but Jungwon took it that way at first. The growing blush on the youngers face became slightly noticeable. "R-really?"

"Sorry, didn't mean it like that." Jay was quick to correct himself seeing the others reaction. "Just that I didn't expect to meet such an annoyance of a kindhearted person my first day here." The blonde haired male joked.

"Hey!" Jungwon whined. "But in all seriousness, If I hadn't met you I'm sure I would be dreading to come to school everyday." Jay finished.

Jungwon didn't know why, but he felt dissapointed Jay didn't mean his ealier comment in flirtatious context. Hmm...weird. Why would he be disappointed over that?

"Well I'm glad I decided to annoyingly talk to you everyday." Jungwon spoke, playing along with what his hyung said. They chuckled at the conversation. But after, the stumbled on what to say next. There was a couple seconds of awkward silence. But in this time Jay noticed something.

"Won, are you cold?" The taller asked with concern laced in his voice. Jungwon was indeed freezing. The past two minutes he had began to shiver. The one day he forgets his sweater to go along with his uniform is the day the teacher cranks up the AC.

"Uh...yeah." Jungwon smiled sadly. He didn't think his reaction to the temperature was noticeable to the other. "Here." And with this Jay began to take off his uniform jacket. Jungwon's eyes widened at the kind gesture. And Jay didn't hesitate to now take the jacket and wrap it around the youngers shoulders. "There." Jay smiled happily seeing Jungwon wearing his jacket and the fact he'll be warm now.

"Hyung the AC is pretty high, will you not get cold?"

"Im fine, plus, you need it more. Just give it back to me at lunch or tomorrow morning." Jay assured. Jungwon then lunged forward in his seat and gave Jay a hug. Since they were in the eyes of others it wasn't a long hug of course. But enough to convey Jungwon's appreciation. And those who were secretly watching the two grew envy of Jay.

[×]

Lunch time rolled around. Not fast enough for the students liking unfortunately. The seven boys had sat in their usual table, food out in front of them. Certain pairs in the group were also having their own individual conversations.

"Ni-ki that's mine!" Sunoo huffed, reaching out his hand to take the stolen packet of gummies. The younger laughed and continued to hold it out of the olders reach. "Not anymore."

"Yah!" The pink haired male crossed his arms and pouted. And yes, this had an effect on Ni-ki. The younger sighed and threw the packet at his hyung, "Only cause you're cute." Ni-ki murmured to himself. Sunoo didn't hear, but Jay sitting next to them did. He was very amused watching these kids everyday and how they push aside the fact they both have a crush on each other.

"Didn't you forget your sweater today? So where'd this come from?" Sunoo turned to the brunette and asked loudly. This caught the attention of Jungwon and apparently everyone else. "Oh, uh- Jay hyung was nice enough to give me his!" Jungwon tried to explain, already knowing what the others will say.

"Aw you guys are so cute!" Sunoo sqeaked. "They'd make a perfect couple." Jake added. The others laughed as both Jay and Jungwon looked away from the table in embarrassment. "Yah!" Jungwon stammered, his cheeks getting red for a reason he didn't know.

"We're just friends, chill." Jay laughed awkwardly. It pained him to say this, but he did anyways. He's not sure of his feelings yet. But if they turn out to be true, there's no chance of Jungwon liking him back. Or so he thinks.

"Oh, hyung you can have it back now." Jungwon took the jacket off and handed it to the older. "Thanks again for letting me borrow it." Jungwon flashed Jay a smile as his dimples showed. "Anytime," The blonde haired male returned the smile and quickly looked away before he got trapped in the youngers eyes.

Now actually, Jay had been taking Jungwon home from school a few times a week since he typically walks home alone. Sunoo and Ni-ki leave first to which Jungwon obviously allowed. But, he got lonely and cold as the weather slowly changed from fall to winter. So Jay offered to take Jungwon home in his new car. And at first they didn't think anything of it.

"Oh, there's the bell." Heesung notified, standing up to throw his trash away. "See you guys tomorrow!" He exclaimed before leaving. The others followed, packing up to be on their way. "Bye guys!" Jungwon waved, a small smile lingering on his lips.

And just like that. Half their day was already over.