42

Yura's POV

(Night)

"They are locked up, your majesty" the maid told me

I nodded.

"Aren't you going to visit them, your majesty?" maid asked

"Not yet. You can leave. I can manage alone"

She bowed to me and left to do her work. I am currently at the balcony, watching the snow falls. It doesn't look the same anymore, and it does't feel the same as well.

How can everything fall apart?

I walked and entered the throne room which I never visited after I was throne as the Queen. It's dark and it feels like, it shows what I feel inside. Everything in me doesn't feel right.

I sat on the throne chair and watched how dark the room is. Is this what Dad feels when his parents died? Does he feel like everyone betrayed him? Does it hurt to see himself in the mirror losing trust?

If that's the case, I must say... I am finally realizing how cruel the world is. I remember what Haneul told me back then, when I wasn't crowned as the Queen of this Kingdom.

This world looks wonderful and fun to see, but wait 'till you notice how cruel it is.

And I do see how cruel this world is. Betraying one another, killing became normal, a person who is jealous will do crime just to be on top.

If you are not careful, you will be hurt in the end. Trust is something you shouldn't think of. It is something you should be careful of. People you see that cares for you or worries about you a lot, doesn't mean that is true.

I am alone in this fight and I have to plan on my own. No one is included in this fight I am involved. I became this person because of what I see. Things will never go this way if no one betrayed me.

I admit, I was hurt but I still can forgive. The pain I am feeling can't be describe of any word. I won't have revenge and kill like what happened to Haneul, Yun and Mom. I will have revenge and make them pay for what happened.

On this day forward, I will make sure to be as powerful and responsible, compared to how weak I am before.

The door opened, both Chase and Uncle Jacob entered. They bowed and walked towards me with smile on their faces.

"Are you okay? Were you hurt?"

Chase smiled and shook his head "Not at all, but I didn't know about that plan. I wasn't prepared at all"

"What you two planned is too weak for werewolves. If soldiers will take them, do you think they won't tansform into werewolves in order to escape?"

"But how did you know that silver is the weakness of werewolves?" Uncle Jacob asked

"You should know about that and bring silver with you always. Who knows? Chase might betray you and eat you"

I saw how his expression changed. I know he is scared. He should be. Chase is not a human he can just kill. Before he even move, Chase will kill him first.

"What brought you two here?"

"We went here to tell you that you should assign us to do the work for those werewolves" Uncle Jacob said

"What for?"

"You are a busy person and it is something we should be assigned" he smiled

"No worries. Take the job"

He bowed and left the throne room. I looked at Chase and he is not leaving at all. He is just looking at me with a smile on his face.

"What do you want?"

"About our marriage" Chase

"Our marriage?"

"Arranged marriage I mean. We should plan about is as soon as possible" Chase

I raised my eyebrow.

He walked up to me and his face is so near to mine "We will be so powerful together. I know you will rule the Kingdom of werewolves. I will take care of werewolves and you take care of the people"

A human and werewolf can't end up together, unless they want to break the rule. I guess he wanted power for him not to be kicked out and get married to me.

That's what I have heard from Jisung. I guess being friends with them helps a lot. I get to know the things about werewolves. I would never get married to a werewolf. I can rule on my own and I don't need any weakling beside me.

"I'll think of that. For now, I want to visit the werewolves"

I left him in the throne room and went to the basement where the werewolves are locked up. I saw Uncle Jacob standing in front of them.

The eight of them are inside the cell and is chained both feet and hands. They are still unconscious which I was expecting. I am sure they will be shock once they saw the situation. 

"What are you doing here?"

"I talked to the guards about, me, taking the work as the head" Uncle Jacob smiled

"You won't be anymore, once I marry her" Chase said as he stood beside me

Uncle Jacob raised his eyebrow "I see. The arrange marriage is happening now"

"It is something I should think about. For now, these werewolves matters the most"

"Your majesty, shouldn't we kill them already?" Uncle Jacob

"Right" Chase said

"Not yet"

I still need more time.