Chapter 21

“DAD HINDI ka pa rin ba sinasagot ni My kung pwede kang manligaw?”

“Nope.” Umiling si Pyr saka inilapag sa mesa ang ginawang apple juice sa harapan ni Vegas. “Ayaw niya siguro. Besides, I don’t know how courting works.”

“Google is your friend, Dad,” anito.

Pyrmont laugh. He took a seat beside his son in the dining and together they drink apple juice.

“Should I ask her?” Vegas proposes, tone sad.

Hinawakan niya ang balikat ng anak at hinilot iyon ng marahan habang nakangiti sa malungkot nitong mukha.

“Don’t. I can do it myself. Just be patient, I and your Mymy will get back together eventually.”

Tumango ito saka muling uminom.

“Don’t play with your drink, son,” saway niya dito ng mag-umpisa itong paglaruan ang juice nito.

His son listened and push the glass away before resting his head on the table.

“You okay, son?”

“Bakit ba kasi kayo naghiwalay? Mymy told me that attitude indifference. What attitude do you hate about Mymy?” he inquires instead of answering his question.

“Uhm,” Pyrmont placed down his glass and rested his head on his fist. “There’s nothing really. Just a few silly attitudes. Like... not clingy— her love to space, those small things.”

“Small things,” Vegas drawled, looking at him seriously. “Bakit hindi mo nalaman na buntis si Mymy noong naghiwalay kayo?”

Humming, Pyrmont replied calmy even if he’s uncomfortable about lying to his son.

“It was because... uhm...” Napahilamos siya ng mukha sa umupo ng tuwid. “Her belly was still flat when we separated. We didn’t know she was pregnant.”

“Bakit Pyr lang ang ibinigay mong pangalan kay Mymy?”

Pyrmont paused, thinking a safe reason to give. “Because it's what I am used to giving to everyone.”

“And you never told her about you in those months that you were together?”

Shaking his head, Pyrmont looked at his son, “I didn’t. I have reasons why I can’t tell her but I was planning to, unfortunately, it didn't come to pass because we... we separated.”

“Did you cheat on mymy?”

“Never,” he smiled, hiding the bitterness inside.

“May naging ex ka Dad maliban kay Mymy?”

“None. Told you already that your Mymy was my first and last”

“Kahit isa?” Hindi naniniwalang tanong nito.

Mariin siyang umiiling habang nangingiti. “None son.”

“Impossible,” he murmured.

Malakas siyang natawa. “No, it's not.”

Vegas pursed his lips. “Sabagay, si Mymy din walang naging boyfriend. Pero,” salubong ang kilay nag-isip ito.

“Pero?”

“You’re rich and handsome. Ang daming babaeng nagkagusto sayo doon sa cruise ship. Parang gusto kang isako." Tumawa ito ikinangiti niya. "Siguro kung hindi mo ako kasama at sinasamaan sila ng tingin nilapitan ka na nila.”

Pyrmont twitched his right shoulder nonchalantly.

“Let’s just say I’m not a rake. And,” he inhaled. “I still really love your mom. I have a hard time moving on. It also never crossed my mind to take a new girlfriend just to move on. Furthermore, I was busy with the big stuff— business, family and friends, and other things.”