Chapter 34

WITH FROWN on his face Pyrmont look at the seven-story apartment building that is under renovation from the outside.

Noon, pagnakikita niya ang gusali lagi siyang excited dahil alam niyang naghihintay si Dessert sa kanya sa loob. But now, looking at the building, there is nothing but grief. The building reminds him of what he lost five years ago. A happy, sweet and peaceful relationship with Dessert. A relationship filled with trust and love. Without tears and pain.

Sighing, Pyrmont took his duffel bag and went inside the building which he already owns after buying it from the moronic owner. He will then give it to his brother, Ruckus, to turn it to an orphanage.

Pyrmont quickly took the lift and went to the fifth floor. Opening the door listlessly.

Inilibot ni Pyrmont ang tingin sa sala ng apartment kung saan tumira sila ni Dessert noon.

It still look the same aside from a few changes after he asked someone to paint the wall and install a security system. Sofa's and other furniture-- especially the bed -- were also changed to something new as he doesn't like the thought that somebody else fucked on it.

The homey feeling of the apartment is no longer there. Nevertheless, it still gives a feeling of nostalgia for what he and Dessert shared in the past.

Binitawan ni Pyrmont ang duffel bag na dala saka sinara ang pintuan bago siya pabagsak na naupo sa sofa. Isinandal niya ang ulo at tumitig sa kisame bago niya dalawang beses na pinalakpak ang kamay para patayin ang ilaw.

In the darkness, he let his tears out and cried.

It damn agonizing to think again and again how Vegas shouted his hatred for him. How broken is Dessert and knowing all the hardship she went through. The choices she has chosen thet he knew was too painful for her.

That despite everything he tried to do to make it up to her it will never be enough because it was too painful for her.

It is not enough for her to forgive him just like that for not being there when she was going through hardship in life. When her options were scarce and choices were painful.

It may not be entirely his fault why life has turned dark for him and Dessert-- the reason is still him. Still him.

Parang gusto niya na lang tuloy patayin ang babaeng dahilan kung bakit nagkaganito ang buhay niya.

Tang'na talaga ng babaeng 'yon. Ibubulok na lang kita sa kulungan.

Nahiga siya sa sofa at doon niya lang naramdaman ang pagod ng katawan niya. He has not yet taken a rest and it's almost dusk outside. But the hell with rest when his chest doesn't quit from feeling all the agony.

Nakatulog siya at nang magising siya ay mabilis ang paghinga niya at bigla siyang napaupo.

"Damn it..." Mura ni Pyrmont dahil sa napaniginipan niya.

It was Vegas and Rouen shouting how much they detest him. Blaming him for all the pain that their Mymy went through just so to keep both of them safe and alive.

And in another dream, it was Dessert with another man.

"Oh, fuck!"

Marahas siyang napahilamos ng mukha saka nagmamadaling tinungo ang kusina at sa nanginginig na kamay ay naghilamos siya para tuluyang magising ang diwa niya.

Pyrmont stared at the faucet but his mind is on his family. Wondering how are they. If Vegas and Dessert sleep peacefully without him. And worries for Rouen...

Nang maisip si Rouen ay mabilis siyang naligo saka nagbihis. Matapos ay hinalungkat niya ang dalang duffel bag at kinuha ang baril saka laptop bago umalis ng apartment.