Chapter Four

Chapter 4:

(Pic is Caissie Levy because she's a fantastic underappreciated Fantine, she just left bway tho D:)

The rest of the weekend was peaceful and enjoyable. Pearl, Vi, Bella and I watched Into The Woods and sang along with every song. I didn't speak of anything that happened, I was talented at hiding anything and everything behind a mask. We went to school on Monday full of energy and excitement, we had rehearsal after school every day of the week. People from all over come over to see the shows at this school, we put on a full scale professional production that runs for three nights. Everyone says that Broadway stars are born at this school. The results were not a let down either. Over the years after graduation tons of the students went to Broadway. Sierra was the only one to go to Broadway before she graduated, she was also the only one to play a notable part in any broadway show.

I was scared to see Orion at school. I didn't want to act as if anything out of the usual had happened over the weekend. When I think about it sometimes I'm happy that I know someone else who shares similar struggles while sometimes I wish I had never run into him. As usual Monday was long and dragging, the only thing that I was truly looking forward to was rehearsal and going back to Violetta's house. I assumed we were going to do more sing throughs and try to develop our voices. The thought of a broadway auditioner coming up to see the show sent shocks of excitement through my system. Getting on broadway had been my dream since I had first seen Les Miz, but I was a hardened girl. I knew that there were some dreams that were next to impossible. But now that someone is actually willing to take people into consideration, I'm starting to believe it to be possible.

I spent the school day in almost complete silence, thinking about what was to come in the next month before the show opened. We had rehearsal every day because we only had a month to put the show up. When the day finally ended Bella, Violetta, Derrick and I headed to the theater where our rehearsals were held. Sierra was already there and she was talking with Pearl, Daniel, and Samantha, the girl who played Young Eponine.

"You guys were so great in rehearsal yesterday!" I can hear her voice as I approach the stage where she is sitting. Miles and Hazel are preparing for the cast, they have their papers with the measures of music and cast names out.

"Is someone going to tape the performances this year?" Sierra called out from the stage to Miles and Hazel.

"Yup, I think we're going to post it online too, fun to look back on and Broadway oftentimes recognizes productions posted online." Hazel replied without looking up from her papers. I smile at that, in a few years I would definitely like to look back at our production and remember the memories we are sure to build in this very room.

"Who's designing the costumes?" Sierra asked again,

"We're ordering them this year. The costumes need to be extraordinarily professional, Sierra you know why." I knew immediately that Miles was talking about the broadway auditioner coming, I guess Sierra was the only person who was supposed to know about it.

Within a few minutes the cast came in and we took our seats accordingly. Miles and Hazel stood at the front of the room, gazing at the papers and taking attendance. Sierra had told me that Miles was the only person she had ever met who was good with names. He remembered all of their names the first day he met them.