Dream Twelve

Blood rushed through my systems and I met Eponine's eye. She was breathing heavily and her eyes were trained on Enjolras. His face was alight and he moved quickly, confidence resounding in every step. The barricade boys were rushing around, wooden chairs grasped in their grip. A pile of splintered wood, old pianos, broken junk and other things were being collected. Everything was going exactly as planned. I ducked out of the way as people threw chairs from their homes. The people were helping, I just hoped they would help even further than donating a few chairs. I rushed into the shelter of an alleyway. When I had watched this scene I had never imagined the possibilities of being struck with a falling wooden object, but the occurrence currently seemed pretty likely. Inside the alleyway was a few chairs, old and faded and leaned up against the brick. I darted to grab a few, darting from the seclusions of the alleyway and tossing the chairs to the pile. It was growing steadily higher. I knew that the barricades had actually been created in less than twenty minutes. I thought of all the other barricades in other sections of France. We are not alone. We will fight, I take a deep steady breath as Eponine and I scour for more chairs. We return after a few minutes to find the rushing around has stopped and Enjolras, Gavroche, and a few others are standing atop the mass of splintered wood, rusted metal and feeble furniture. Enjolras has fixed a French flag to wave up there. I take steady breaths, meeting the eyes of Eponine who seems to be trying to keep calm. I didn't want things to go this quickly. I took a steady breath and moved towards the barricades. Thankfully we blended in with a small crowd of other volunteers. They wore similar attire so when Enjolras scanned the people no recognition flashed in his eyes at the sight of us.

Gavroche wears a grin of pure excitement. Enjolras hands him a bundle of weapons after keeping one for himself as he goes around to give them out. Tossing some through the air, I caught one, and so did Eponine. I felt the metal in my palm as I wrapped my fingers around this weapon, one that had immense power. A thrumming rolled through me at the gun's touch and my hand moved to the rosette tucked behind my jacket, so as no one could see or recognize it. Reaching towards it was instinct at this point. Gavroche gave weapons to everyone, and I turned to find more volunteers coming in. We seemed to have a bounty of weapons and thankfully a bounty of ammunition, just like I had instructed. I knew that in the story Gavroche died looking for ammunition so I might have already saved one life. The sunlight bleeds through the cracks in the barricades and touch my skin. The temperature is comfortable, but the air is not, people are worried, no matter how excited they are, worry still lingers in their systems. I can see it in Gavroche's eyes, even though a huge grin is still plastered across his pale face. He scrambles up to the top of the barricades.

"Eponine, we can't be seen by anyone really. At least not directly. People will recognize you from anywhere and the students would recognize me too." I say to her and she nods, her hands pale and clenched around her gun. She swallows hard, I can see her shaking slightly,

"We'll fight Ep. We'll win, even if not everyone comes out alive. Even if one of us dies, we know it's for a better cause." She looks to me and nods slightly, her eyes glowing with sadness, she doesn't cry though. I know that Eponine is not one to cry.

"I wish it was raining." She croaks out, her hands reaching towards the sun,

"I like the rain." I say, "It makes the flowers grow." I feel my heart drop and realize that if that scene does occur it's looming near. I would dive in front of Eponine before that happens, I just hoped that it didn't occur at all. We move forward awkwardly and slowly, not daring to engage in any conversations. Eponine's eyes are fixed on Enjolras, his face looks as though it is made of marble. He breathes hard and steadily and his eyes are fixed on the land beyond the barricade, a world we want to see. Though he hides everything behind a mask, I know that Enjolras is truly frightened. Only someone who was completely insane wouldn't be. The barricades have arisen, and I know the time is drawing near for fighting.

A/N: I edited every part last night and it took me forever but I sorted out everything. This chapter is dedicated to @Elphie177! Thanks for reading...