Dream Fifteen

The sharp pain jolts through me once more and I watch the crimson liquid flow from my wound, running over the cloth and linen of my outfit and staining the ground. Tears sting at my eyes as my hands move carefully over the wound. My body is twisted in an unnatural angle, but I cannot move, for every breath sends a shock of immense pain through me. I watch Marius step away from the barricades, heaving in and outwards as Eponine and Enjolras scramble towards me. They reach me and I find my gaze is blurring yet I can still just barely focus on their faces as they come upon me. The rain droplets drip off my dark hair and across my pale skin,

"Athena, Eponine? I told you not to come." Enjolras' voice is filled with a sort of saddened defeated rage. I look to him, my vision is slowly blurring but with shaking clammy fingers I reach up to grasp the rosette the little boy had given me, the one I would probably never see again,

"Monsieur, I would not stay at the sidelines." My voice is small and quiet, pain evident in my tone. I try to ignore the thousands of needles that seem to be shooting through my systems and I bite my lip. A burning sensation shooting through me. Is this how it felt to die? The cool droplets of rain drip off my fingers and dampen the ribony fabric of the rosette,

I look to Eponine and find that she looks shocked. Tears threatening to spill over her eyes as she takes my weak clammy limp and cold hand in her warm working ones. I swallow hard, wondering if it would be easier to let go, to end this overwhelming pain. But I keep fighting so maybe I can say a few words to my friends. I look to Enjolras, who looks shocked and furious with himself as he gazes upon me with a look of disbelief. Sadness rages in his eyes as he grips my other hand, the warm touch coursing through the flickering of my cold body. The pain is unbearable but the rain that falls and makes impact with my skin almost seems to numb it.

"Don't you fret, monsieur and madame, I don't feel any pain." I speak softly and I look to them, I can feel my eyes glazing over and as the pain increases I can see the world around me softening and burning at the edges. They look to me sadly,

"'Thena, we can't lose you. For the time you have been there you have done so much for us, you have helped us plan and saved my life. I don't want to watch your waning form, the life in you obviously flickering in the rain." Eponine's voice comes out pained as she bites her lip, I feel both sets of hands wrapped around each of mind as I lean back against the barricade, unknowing of how much time I have left.

"'Thena, we can get you to the medics, Joly can fix you up!" Enjolras' voice rung with confidence but I quickly shook my head, my eyes shining in sadness,

"Monsieur don't worry, I'll be fine." I tighten my grip around their hands and will all strength possible towards me. Swallowing hard as I stare into both sets of saddened eyes. "The rain can't hurt me now." Shocks roll through me and I close my eyes, looking to the ground as I swallow hard, the blood flows quicker, draining all strength and life from my body as I topple into both Eponine and Enjolras' arms, not trusting my strength to pull me back up. I feel their strength support mine and I muster a small smile. I saved them, I saved both of them.

"''Thena-" Enjolras starts but I cut him off immediately,

"Don't worry about your old friend 'Thena, take care of your 'Ponine." I let a sob escape me as tears roll down my cheeks. I can feel their grip on my hands tightening. Coldness overwhelms me and flows over my entire body.

"Enj? Are they gone?" I can feel my eyelids fluttering shot, I let my entire body collapse but try to force my lungs to draw breaths, and try to force my eyes to stay open.

"They are gone, they retreated." Eponine's voice comes out softly as if she is speaking to a young girl, I look up at them, trying to numb the searing hot blinding pain going through me.

"Can you write a letter to me?" My voice comes out as little more than a whisper and I am surprised I can will that enough air to escape my systems, "Write it when you have the time, and then tuck it in my coat pocket. I will read it." Tears dampen their uniforms as I am pressed closer to them, sadness flowing over me. I try not to think about how selfish I sound, asking them to write a letter to me after I pass, but they both nod, sadness overwhelming their features.

"Of course Athena." I smile at the two figures as the reality around me slowly crumples away. The pain searing off piece by piece of the world I had lived in, I gazed into my friend's eyes as they held me, the rain dotting my skin as I stared up at the sky, hoping a new day could still come, even though I might not be there for it. Eponine has slow tears falling down her face as Enjolras wraps a protective arm around her. My body starts tremoring and I grip onto them one last time before my grip falters and loosens and I close my eyes. Letting a final breath escape my body.

I'll miss them.

A/N: I'm being mean, I'm sorry :O Anyway I pulled an all-nighter and I got no sleep last night so I am pretty delirious right now. Thanks for reading!