Dream Five

A/N: The image is Samantha Hill as Cosette, my favorite Cosette actually.

Whenever I fell asleep in the ABC cafe, I woke up. Which was what happened on Tuesday morning. But after I drifted off on Tuesday, I woke up in the cafe. I sleep in a small room, two beds which are cheap and small are pushed up against the wall, Eponine and I share this room. I look to her bed only to find that she is gone, probably downstairs. This was my first night spent at the Cafe and I smiled, it was a warm and happy place, some of the students had their own houses, some stayed at the cafe. Warm light flittered through the window and I wrenched it open, finding it already seemed to be at least ten a.m, I must have slept in late.

"Eponine stop trekking mud and germs in the house! Do you know what germs may live in them?" I can hear Joly's voice from upstairs and I quietly make my way down the creaky wooden stairs. I find that the main room is empty except for Joly, Eponine and Gavroche.

"Most of the boys are out riling up the crowd while Grantaire is still asleep." Eponine says grumbling as she throws a few jumbles of folded fabric down on the table. "I don't dislike Cosette, but going shopping with her was so insufferable!" Eponine collapsed on a chair, grumbling,

"How did you get yourself into that?" I scoffed and sat next to her, I sounded natural almost.

"I told her another girl would be under our roof and she pretty much forced me to go shopping with her for clothes for me and you." Eponine said, "I didn't deny only because I sort of needed a new dress, and you needed some nice clothes. But Cosette obviously didn't understand the worth of every penny in her hand." Eponine said as she sorted through the dresses she had thrown on the table. I saw she had a deep green one for herself and a light gray one for me.

"Put this on." She throws the jumbled mass of fabric at me, "I have a feeling Marius will bring Cosette over after they're done with the motivational speaking so you might as well put it on." The fabric is of a light gray and it is soft in my fingers. I rush upstairs to change out of my loose scratchy clothing and into the dress. It is loose, yet soft. It's very simple too, silver ribbon laces the top and it puffs out every so slightly at my waist. I like the look of it. I step back down the stairs, my curly hair bounces with every move and my shoes hit the wood making the smallest of sounds. When I come back downstairs I see Eponine eyeing the dress in front of her suspiciously, as if she was dreading putting it on.

"It's comfortable." Is all I say as I slide in the seat across from Eponine and next to Gavroche. Gavroche turns to me, his blue eyes blazing,

"I made one of these for you and Ep." He holds out a pin, a cloth flower of the colors blue, red and white. It is the pin the soldiers war when they went off to fight. The pin I had always longed to own. I gaped at it and for some odd reason an overwhelming sense of happiness flew over me. The small reminders that this was real sent a shock of contorted sadness and shock through me, the pin was one of the reminders. Gavroche handed it to me and I took it, my fingers trembling.

"Thanks Gavroche." I say as I pin the cloth flower to the front of my dress. For some reason, I now feel complete. I find that Eponine had gone upstairs to put her dress on. Gavroche has her pin in his hands and I look to him and find he has his own, pinned to the front of his jacket. A wave of sadness momentarily overtakes me when I think of the scene from the 2012 film when Javert puts a medal on Gavroche's body, honoring him. I close my eyes and will the thought to go away, I didn't want to think about the inevitable death of these people, my friends. Within a few seconds Eponine comes downstairs, her dress is the same as mine, except a dark green color. She sits down across from me and I watch Joly anxiously cleaning up. Gavroche hands her then pin and she smiles, fixing it to the front of her dress.

"Cosette is kind..." Eponine starts, "Except she's rather stuck up. I remember her as a child, I would bully her, and I feel bad about that. But I was only following my parent's example." She says, her eyes fixed on the ceiling as if talking to herself, "Now that Valjean took her away, she's grown to be a rich girl. I don't dislike the rich unless they treat the rest of us like the scum of the streets. Cosette is rather neutral in that aspect, she ignores the poor." Eponine keeps speaking, "There are times when I wish the man had taken me away instead of Cosette. But I don't know what type of person I'd be. I might be like Cosette, or even worse, for when I was a child I had expected the world. I would probably go on expecting it. I am content in my position, I ignore the whispers behind my back and I no longer mind the drastic actions I have to take to avoid the police. I'm happy I met Enj, and all the revolutionaries." Eponine smiled and I nod,

"As much as Cosette tries to understand us, she doesn't understand." Gavroche says slowly, his eyes cast downwards. Within a few seconds the door bursts open and the students run in, Enjolras wears an expression of pure delight and I watch all the students take their places at tables. Marius is the last to run in, he grips Cosette's hand and I focus upon the girl who I knew from stories.

Cosette was beautiful. Her pale snowy skin shone with excitement and her heart shaped lips were the perfect shade of pink. Her pale silvery curls cascaded around her head and she gripped an expensive hat, held by a ribbon on her head. Her magnificent dress flared outwards dramatically at the waist and it swished and moved with every movement. Her blue eyes shone with excitement as she sat with Marius at our table. I avoided her eye, I had never adored the character Cosette. She seemed out of place with her glamourous gowns against our plainness.

"The crowd responded to our speeches with enthusiasm!" Enjolras cried, I could see the gleam of excitement in his eyes as he spoke. His blond hair was ruffled as if they had been attacked by the wind. Cheers billowed up into the air,

"We could have new warriors, new people! New weapons and supplies because of today!" Combeferre shouted out with glee. I could see his notebook with our supposed story was held in his hands. I turned my head to see Cosette, she gazed into Marius's eyes smiling at his reaction. I felt a grin slide across my face as the levels of excitement only rose higher and higher. Reaching up into the air and mingling with our shouts.

"We will win this!" Courfeyrac's voice was filled with a sort of excitement, he drove strength and power into his words and it riled up the students even more.

"We will fight!" Gavroche's high pitched voice was easily distinguishable amongst everyone. He smiled widely, his blue eyes flashing in determination.

I watched as the students spoke, shouting, their voices culminating with each other's and the excitement high. Enjolras' expression was the most notable. He wore such an expression, like that of obsession, of excitement, of an unyielding hunger, inside of him there is a flame that never dies, and never will die for the rebellion. I watched as Eponine hugged him, tucking her face into the crook of his neck.There had been a grin wide on her face. The spirits were high. It seemed as if everything could work out, it was as if everything would work out. But this was not a Hallmark film, I knew what would happen in June. I watched Grantaire stagger down the stairs, his eyes were cloudy and his face looked sallow, his dark hair an unruly tangle,

"What'd I miss this time?"

A/N: I'm not loving this new online writing update. All the cast and dedication stuff dissapeared. Anyway this was a fun chapter to write. I'm really excited because I have a Les Miz audition this summer. (FANGIRLS) I have only been in school productions so I'm beyond excited!! I'm auditioning for Eponine while my friend's auditioning for Cosette. If I even got in the show at all I'd be elated. Anyway thanks for reading! :D