Dream Nine

"I'm going out into the streets, no use sitting here." Gavroche got up from the table, it was evident the little boy was stressed. His eyebrows were furrowed and his thin lips were knotted into a scowl. His blue eyes flashed with determination and I watched him leave, his small coat billowing out behind him as he moved. I looked to Enjolras and Eponine who were rather quiet, they sat, staring at the tables surface as the cheers continued around them. Today was technically a success, but after seeing Thenardier's gang it dampened our spirits. I guessed that in a way Eponine and Gavroche were feeling the same way I did during the day yesterday, at the store. A chill ran over me and once again anger pumped through my veins. If I could help it I would never return to that home, it was the place of all my sorrows and abuse. It was the place of tears and blood and other things of the such. I sat for a few more moments, not uttering a word as I wondered what Gavroche was doing. I could imagine him storing through the streets, slipping and darting through areas, stealing food from people and then slipping away within seconds. Eponine and Enjolras seemed oddly quiet. I wasn't unsettled by Eponine being quiet but as Enjolras stayed without uttering a world I became slightly perturbed.

I looked up at them. Enjolras was glancing longingly at the French flag and for a small moment I giddy sensation soared through me. Enjolras being entirely devoted to France was the Enjolras I was used to. This Enjolras, the real Enjolras was just as devoted to his country, but he was also devoted to something else- someone else. I smiled when I saw that their hands were intertwined, happiness soared through me and for some reason an odd burst of nostalgia. Eponine was also the same character I knew, but she wasn't pining after Marius, instead she had who she needed, and she was so much stronger and happier. I had always loved the broken character of Eponine Thenardier, but this Eponine was powerful, and unstoppable, and loved.

"Enj!" Marius spun around to face Enjolras, "Why are you not speaking with us." Marius always seemed to be oblivious, whether it was of Eponine's love in the story or of the mood Enjolras was in. He glanced towards him, his expression like that of stone, the marble man replied simply,

"I'm going to stay with Ep right now." Marius nodded and spun around, a smile still spread across his face as he rushed over to Combeferre who had finally put down that notebook. I shouldn't have been surprised that he was always writing, I mean the novel was over one-thousand pages.

"Are you worried?" I ask them, they knew immediately what I was talking about and I simply couldn't stand the silence, they looked up at me,

"I'm not sure yet." Enjolras bites his lip as Eponine nods slowly. I knew that Enjolras would be far more worried if he knew Eponine's plans to engage in battle. But he still thinks she is going to be safe at the sidelines. My stomach twists, I cannot let her die, I cannot let him die, I don't want to see any of these people die. They have become like family. It went to silence again and I focused on the wall. Thinking about the battles that were to come, thinking about the revolution. I wondered how much it hurt to get shot, I wondered if the cannons from the other side will blow us all to bits. My mouth is pressed into a thin line, it seems as if the others have no intentions of quieting down.

It was as if they couldn't help being unbearably loud, I was debating going outside, to explore the streets and maybe find Gavroche when the little boy stormed back into the cafe. His tangled blond hair windblown and his icy blue eyes panicked. His voice came out sharply,

"LISTEN EVERYBODY!" The talking ceased and all eyes fell upon the little boy, they respected him, my stomach churned, I knew what was happening, I knew what would start in three days time, the next few words of the little boy confirmed it, "General Lamarque is dead."

A/N: Help my friend is forcing me to listen to 5SOS! She's obsessed with them lol. Anyway this chapter is pretty short and uninteresting but I felt like Gavey's line needed an entire chapter and I couldn't stand the length before which was 205 words so I needed lots of filler! Thanks for reading anyway!