Chapter Ten

"No, no, no." My stomach churns as I sit upright, panic rushing over me like a wave. "The funeral- revolution- three days." I swallow hard, my friends could die. Blood could flood the streets, the people I lived with could be sprawled upon them. Vi and Pearl are still sleeping, they look peaceful, they had nothing to worry about.

I get out of bed and take a shower, trying to drown away the thoughts. Gavroche's high pitched call was still ringing in my ears and I swallow hard. I remember the look of shock and denial on Enjolras' face like the back of my hand, his expression had slowly morphed into one of an idea, I knew where this was going. Because of this occurrence the revolution was bound to start soon, and I wasn't prepared. I change into a long brown sweater and black pants, I put my hair up in a bun at the top of my head. I can feel my heartbeat pound in my chest. Violetta and Pearl are up a few moments later, wiping sleep from their eyes as they go to get ready without any words. I waver from my usual schedule of perching on the edge of my bed, contenting myself with my phone or book. Instead I sit there, staring at the floor, floods of panic becoming stronger every second. It was Monday morning and I was entirely unprepared for what my next dream would bring.

¨I don't want to see anyone die." My stomach churns as I mutter those lines, Vi walks in, apparently heating me as she speaks in a casual tone.

¨You okay?¨ She asked calmly, figuring I was just reading off my phone or a book. I nod slowly, swallowing hard, I needed to forget, I needed to relax, I needed to get through the day without panic following in my footsteps. But I simply couldn't.

***

I had not managed to get through the day without a sense of dread pouring over me. I knew that Vi had noticed but she didn't ask. I guess she figured it was from the event over the weekend, even though I had returned to my normal placid state the next day. At rehearsal however, something finally took my mind off of the looming dreams that were to follow. I felt far more relaxed amongst these people, I felt like I had been through many things with them though I had only known some of them for a month.

"So performances are on Friday night, Saturday at noon, and Sunday at noon." Miles paced across the stage at the start of rehearsal. My eyes were focused upon him as he moved, his eyes were focused on the ground. "During tech week and the Saturday rehearsal this week you must be in full costume, we have only ten rehearsals left until opening night, and that includes tech week." He paces across the stage. Miles doesn't seem worried, though the opening night date is looming nearer I know that we are right on schedule. Everything is memorized and blocked, we just need to practice numbers. "The costumes are arriving today so for this rehearsal I would like everyone to perform in them, just so we can make sure they work perfectly." Murmurs of excitement rise from the group and I allow a grin to slide across my face. I loved my Eponine costume, so I was beyond excited to practice in it. As if on cue Hazel steps through the doors to the theater with some of the janitors, boxes of costumes in their hands, they place the boxes down on the table in the back. There are tons of them, excitement pumps through my veins.

"I would like you guys to head back to collect your costumes, change, and then be out back here, the locker rooms are unlocked." We all got up from our seats to collect our costumes. Vi was handed an entire box for she had three costumes. Me and Sierra's were in one box and she grabbed it as we made our way to the girl's locker room which you could access from backstage conveniently. We opened our box as Sierra drew out her cyan dress, which was folded at the top conveniently. It shimmered in the light as she moved it and a pink ribbon belt was fixed at the waist. On top of the dress was a antique locket fixed on a long silver chain, she held it up grinning. She wore an expression of pure excitement. Underneath her dress was my second outfit, which I would change into after intermission. It was a short white top with long black pants and a short brown coat. I drew them out slowly, placing them to the side as I looked upon my dress. It was white, light and airy, the bottom looked frayed and the entire dress looked worn, just the way it was supposed to, the brown belt was fixed at the waist. Underneath all of that was the brown messenger cap, I drew it out smiling, then of course my trench coat.