Chapter 25

A month later, Pietro and I were saying goodbye to Wanda and Vision. We'd come to visit them in Edenborough for a week, and we'd had a really nice time. Wanda and Vision had settled in nicely in a little apartment. It was really cute, and I was really happy for them. Before we left to catch our flight, Wanda pulled me aside.

"I know you love him," Wanda said quietly.

I blinked at her.

"Um, Wanda-" I started, but she interrupted.

"I know, I know," she said quickly. "I didn't mean to look. It's just... you're constantly thinking about it, N/n."

I sighed and shook my head.

"Thinking about what?"

I looked up in surprise at Pietro. He cocked his head and I cleared my throat.

"Murdering you and stealing your fortune," Wanda said casually. "Get out of here. This is ladies' talk."

Pietro furrowed his eyebrows.

"Pretty sure murder is also mens' talk," Pietro stated.

I shook my head and laughed as Wanda shooed Pietro away. Vision started talking to him and Wanda dragged me into her bedroom.

"Okay, so why haven't you told him?" Wanda asked.

"I - I don't know," I said. "I guess... I guess I'm afraid that he doesn't love me yet, and I don't want to push it on him, you know?"

Wanda nodded thoughtfully.

"Well, I think he loves you, too," Wanda said. "Now, my brother may know how to block me from his mind, but he can never block a twin-bond. I know everything."

I laughed and shook my head, and Wanda laughed with me. She gave me a tight hug and I returned it before she pulled me out of the room and into the living room where Vision and Pietro were still talking.

"Ready to go?" Pietro asked, looking up at me.

"What, you want to leave your amazing sister already?" Wanda pouted.

"Wanda, our flight is leaving soon," Pietro said.

"You can run," Wanda pouted.

Pietro cocked his head at her. Her eyes went wide before she sighed and nodded.

"Fine then, get out," she sighed. "We'll visit you guys next month or something."

I laughed and could only imagine what Pietro told his sister telepathically. Pietro and I waved goodbye to Wanda and Vision before pulling our suitcases down the street. Pietro grabbed my hand and entwined our fingers. The train station wasn't far off, so we decided to walk. It was dark, with the only thing illuminating the road being the street lamps. We walked slowly, talking of little things.

"Y/n," Pietro said, stopping. "I need to tell you something."

I stopped and turned to face him, my heart pounding. Was he going to tell me that he loved me?

"Y/n, I lo-"

A loud crash stopped him from speaking. He looked in the direction we were heading - the direction of the train station. Pietro picked me up and we sped over to them. Wanda had red magic encasing her hands and stood protectively in front of Vision. She faced two... well, I wasn't quite sure what they were, but my guess would be aliens.

One of them had dark blue hair and blue markings on her face. She also had horns and wore battle armour. The other had some type of hood that covered the top and sides of his head and had purple skin.

"Leave the witch and the android to us," the one with blue hair growled.

I pretended to consider it.

"Hmmm... no," I said.

They both held up their weapons and I glanced at the other two. It was three against two, but who knew how much training these aliens had?

"What do you want?" Pietro asked.

"The stone," the purple-faced one growled. "Give us the stone, and we will leave you be."

"What about him?" I asked, gesturing to Vision.

The female let out a bitter laugh.

"You think we care about an insignificant death?" she scoffed. "He will be one of many, once Thanos completes his goal."

Pietro glanced at me and I nodded subtly. I would get more information.

"Who is Thanos?" I asked.

The male laughed.

"C-53 has always been less advanced," he said. "Thanos is the bringer of balance. He is here to bring the world mercy."

"How?" I asked.

The female narrowed her eyes at me but the male continued speaking.

"He will gather all six of the Infinity Stones and wipe away half of the universe."

My blood ran cold. Wipe away half of the universe? With Infinity Stones? The one in Vision's head was extremely powerful, but six of them?

"Enough talking," the female growled. "Give us the stone, or we will take it."

"I don't think you wanna do that."

The female turned behind her to see Steve, Natasha, Clint, and Sam behind the two of them. The female turned her spear to Natasha and shot a blue jet of light out of it. She dodged it and Sam shot at her. The male aimed his spear at Pietro but he ran out of the way. The male then began to move as if he was being punched in the face, and a blue blur surrounded him, a flash of silvery-blonde hair visible every now and then. Suddenly Pietro was hurled away. The male threw his spear at me and I caught it with my power before sending it hurtling back. It hit him in the stomach and he fell to the floor.

The others had the female's weapon and she crawled to the male.

"Get up," she growled.

"I can't," the male whispered.

"We don't wanna kill you," Natasha said, "but we will."

The female looked at us for a moment before tapping her wrist. Suddenly the two aliens were beamed up, their weapons following shortly after.

"We had that handled," Pietro said.

I nudged him lightly.

"How did you guys know?" I asked.

An orange spark appeared behind them at about waist-height. More sparks appeared until it turned into a circle, and some sort of wizard came through.

"A few hours ago a spaceship and two aliens came through, trying to steal this," the wizard said, pointing to a necklace he was wearing. "Tony Stark and Spiderman both went onto the ship in order to save me from the aliens."

"Okay.." I said slowly, still not knowing why the wizard was completely relevant right now. "Where are they now?"

"In Wakanda," the wizard said, stepping aside to let us see the city of Wakanda, and the rest of our superhero team. "Come on through. My name is Doctor Stephen Strange, by the way."

I nodded at him and helped Wanda bring Vision through the portal. Everyone else stepped through and the portal closed, leaving us standing in the beautiful city of Wakanda.

i have two more chapters to write :) i hope you enjoy the pain that infinity war brings along :)))