Chapter 28

The party was awesome. It was at the Avengers' Tower, and all of the people from the battle were invited. I spoke to Gamora and Carol a lot, listening to their intergalactic stories. Valkyrie came over to talk and started flirting with Carol, who choked on her drink when she realised. I grinned at the pair and let them speak and headed over to Strange.

"I don't think I've thanked you yet," I said. "For saving Vision, I mean."

The doctor inclined his head.

"You are welcome," he said. "Are you two close?"

I shrugged.

"Yeah, he's like family," I said. "But... also thank you for Wanda. If - if she had lost Vision... I don't know what she would have done, and how it would have affected her."

Strange nodded, an expression of fear crossing his face before it became neutral again. I spoke to him for a while longer before Loki came over to speak with us. We had only been speaking for a minute before Pietro waltzed over and whisked me away to dance.

"Are you jealous?" I asked.

Pietro scoffed and shook his head so quickly it was a blur. I laughed softly and kissed him.

"You know, you're the only person I love," I said. "Loki's cool and all, but he's got nothing on you."

Pietro grinned as Fine Line by Harry Styles began playing, and he pulled me close.

"This is familiar," he said, twirling me softly.

I grinned at him.

"It is," I replied.

"Every time we listen to this song, we get interrupted," he said. "Do you think the bad luck finally ends here?"

I leaned up to him.

"Let's see," I said.

A loud crash interrupted us. I looked at the windows which were now shattered, and a massive black and silver version of the Hulkbuster stepped inside. The helmet flipped up to reveal Derek Hale.

"Not again, you son of a bitch!" I yelled.

The helmet flipped back on and he shot a laser beam at me. Pietro whisked me out of the way, and a whole load of robots flew through the windows, their intent to probably kill us all.

What a shame Derek didn't expect the room to be full of warriors. The battle was short with them all with us. I was able to crush the robots with my telekinesis, and most of the Avengers already had experience with fighting against robots. Derek was easily apprehended and he looked like a bit of an idiot, which made me smile.

Pietro grabbed my waist.

"We were interrupted again," he sighed.

I grinned and looked around.

"Well, it seems there are no more threats," I said. "So kiss me."

And Pietro did just that.

last chapter was short so i uploaded this one too :))) next chapter is the last one!! :))))