Forward

The sun was setting as she entered her hometown's city limits. She was thankful Max recently filled her car with gas, because she refused to stop, going about 80 miles per hour most of way. She parked and grabbed her girlfriend's bag from the passenger's seat. Chloe ran as fast as she could up the path to the lighthouse, and saw her favorite blonde sitting on the bench.

"Good you're here," she wheezed, out of breath from the run, slouched over for a moment of rest. "I didn't see your car."

"I've been here a while, Chloe. My dad dropped me off, so you'll have to give me a ride back to his house later. I know this is important to you, but damn, I'm pooped." Rachel looked like she was about to pass out; she needed sleep badly. "I haven't eaten that much in a long time, though. It was nice to catch up."

"Hey, remember that one time we were eating dinner and you smashed your parents' table to pieces? That was priceless... and I'm very punny tonight." The punk loudly cackled to herself. She noticed her friend did not find her comments too amusing, so she quickly stopped giggling and faked a cough.

"Okay, Rach. I have no idea what the hell we're supposed to do, I just know that... shit!" She grabbed the bench and was forced to take a seat beside her friend.

"Chloe, what's wrong? Are you okay?" Rachel reached over and placed her hand on her friend's shoulder, pulling herself closer.

"Fuuuuck, it felt like Max rewound for maybe a second. It was like she tried but couldn't quite do it. Dammit, Rachel, I think she's in big trouble." She stood up and paced back and forth in front of the bench. "You got any cigs?" She realized she hadn't lit up in several days. Something about being back in Arcadia Bay and the stress of her partner's current situation made her crave a smoke. That first drag of a freshly sparked cigarette would set her just right.

"No, and stop, please. You are going to drive me nuts. I do not know what we can do from here, but you need to calm down." Chloe realized her friend was right. Until they knew what they needed to do, there was no point being overly stressed and anxious. Channeling her inner Long Max Silver, she decided to relax and wait for a sign.

"Before anything else, I want to give you something. I was thinking, I don't wear it anymore and it represents a special time in our lives. I actually saved it just for you at the right moment, and this feels like a really good time." Locking her hazel eyes on her blue-haired friend, Rachel tilted her head and smiled. "No matter what happens after all of this, please know I love you. Here, take it." The blonde popped open a white padded box revealing the item. She reached in and pulled out her blue feather earring. She slowly touched Chloe's neck and slid her hand down towards her chest. Grabbing ahold and revealing the girl's bullet necklace, she clipped on the earring. "Looks damn good on you." Releasing the necklace and tucking it back in, Rachel leaned over and pressed her lips against her friend's cheek.

"I... I don't know what to say. Thank you. I guess that's the right thing. I love it." She leaned over and put her head on her friend's shoulder. "Rach, I'm so glad you're here with me. It sorta feels like old times, just... different." She pulled the necklace back out and ran her fingers through the feather. "I've told you about some really fucked up shit recently: time travel, different timelines, opening portals, mine and Max's relationship; and you've had my back regardless of how crazy it all is, thank you for that."

"OH! I know what," the actress excitedly blurted out, turning to directly face her friend. "Let's do that thing we used to do."

"Uh, you're gonna hafta be a little more specific there, Rach."

"You lie down, here on the bench, and pretend it's your truck. Put your head in my lap and let's have an old-fashioned Rachel and Chloe therapy session." She had a playful, yet loving look in her gorgeous alomond-shaped, hazel eyes.