Grits

Time slowed to a crawl as the universe completely stopped, allowing the girls the space they needed to fully envelope themselves around one another. It felt like Des had discovered a deep secret only she and Pearl shared, and it was magical and unearthly. At the same time, the emotions surrounding their experience felt primordial and raw, animalistic and carnal. They simultaneously belonged to the world and the planet wasn't enough to contain their love. It was theirs and completely owned only by them. It was perfect.

Sometime during their onslaught of kisses, they bumped teeth once, enticing a playful giggle from the brunette to Des's left. It didn't matter; even that felt right in a humanly kind of way. In the game of selfishness and generosity, give and take, the girls' lips twisted and slipped around in tiny circles, zigzags, and curls. They took in each other's breaths and moved together as one, becoming some clandestine creature designed specifically for each other.

Suddenly, Des remembered why she was up so early in the first place. She abruptly moved away, which triggered a displeased grunt from Pearl. 

"Miss Dragonfly. Where do you think you're going? We're not finished here." The athlete's voice teetered between disappointment and impish fun.

Des swung her legs off the side of the bed and stood to her feet. She leaned back down and assertively pecked Pearl on the lips one more time. "I need to tell you something important, Pearl. It's a little mind-blowing, to say the least. You're gonna think I'm bat shit crazy, but I'm not, I swear." The standing girl fidgeted with the bottom hem of her shirt as she looked downward into the big, searching eyes of her companion.

Pearl moved up from her spot and sat on the edge of the bed. She wrapped her arms around Des's torso and pulled her in towards her face. She removed the blonde's nervous hands, raising her shirt and pressing her lips to the girl's stomach, just below the bellybutton. The sensation sent delightful, tickling chills through Des's body that made her smile and giggle. She didn't know if she should fully laugh or just enjoy what was happening. Pearl kissed the area several times before lifting herself back up, making eye contact with her friend.

"Hmm. Is it something I should worry about?" She had an eyebrow cocked about an inch higher than the other, waiting for a response.

Des took a second to think about her next words. Despite feeling connected at a deep and unexplainable level, the biker worried about scaring Pearl away. Although, even if the brunette had reservations after learning what Des was planning, the time traveler had no choice in the matter. She would still bring Pearl with her so she would be safe, even if it was against her will.

"So," the red-streaked blonde began as she retrieved her jacket and took a seat on the bed as well, "I have something inside me that lets me... do things." She released an airy exhale as the weight of her secret was beginning to lessen. 

"Do things?"

Des smiled again and slowly nodded. "Yeah, but... I wish it was simple to explain. It's more... complicated."

A concerning look shone on Pearl's face, and she slid closer to her friend. "Des, why do I get the feeling you're about to say something fucked up." She placed her hands inside the biker's open palms, which were gently closed into a cradled fists. 

"Well, because it IS a little fucked up. I mean," Des hesitated, "I've been this way my whole life."

"It's like a condition you have or something?"

"It's more like a power."

"You mean the power to make me fall for you? Yeah, I know, silly lady."

Des smiled and shook her head. "No, it's more like the power of... time travel." She bit down on her bottom lip as she waited for a response. A nervous energy trickled through her as she didn't receive much of a reaction immediately.