Forever

"By the amazing strength of your pure and unconditional love, and the power vested in me by the beautiful state of Washington, I now pronounce you..."

EARLIER THAT DAY

"I know I'm supposed to be in friend-mode today, but I can't tell you enough how much you and your work means to the gallery. Your exclusives are simply magnifique, and subscription sales have doubled yet again since your meet and greet." Victoria seemed a little too energetic for the sun to have barely risen above the horizon. Max didn't sleep-in very often, but she really wished she could at the moment since she was out later than she intended the previous night.

If Victoria hadn't brought coffee along with her, Max didn't know how she would deal with the girl. "This also ties into your wedding. I want you to know how special you are. Sure, Chloe and your parents will probably tell you that all day today, but coming from me it has to mean more, in a way. You know, they have to say those things, I don't. Chloe is the lucky one, by the way, and I am lucky to be able to call you my friend; I mean that, Max. Thank you for inviting me and allowing me to be a part of this. Also, did you know you're sorta glowing this morning?"

"Victoria, you are going to have to relax a bit. I just woke up and you're a little much right now, no offense. I'm also glad we're friends, but please, take it down a notch or two." It wasn't the shorter girl's intention to be mean or disrespectful, but she had to say something to calm her friend's chatter. She stood up from the side of her bed and stretched her arms and legs, standing on her tiptoes and raising her hands towards the ceiling making sure she didn't spill her coffee cup in the process. "Ouch," she grimaced. "My boobs are sore. Sorry, I'm sure you didn't want to hear that."

"Wait," the taller blonde demanded with her hands on her hips and her eyes narrowed. "Your boobs are sore and you're glowing? Max, do you have something to tell me? You're not..?" The girl had an accusing look on her face as if she just solved a puzzle.

"What can I say?" Max responded, interrupting her bridesmaid. "I probably just slept wrong, and I have no idea what you mean about me glowing. Today is my wedding day. If anything, I'm just super excited to walk down the aisle with my best friend."

"God, you're too cute. I hope one day I can find someone who loves me the way you love Chloe. But, yeah, that must be it. You're just excited for your wedding." The pregnant girl wasn't sure her peppy friend was convinced seeing the way she squinted at her. At least if she didn't confirm the pregnancy, Victoria wouldn't actually know anything, even if she was suspicious. "Anyway, are you ready to see the backyard? It looks fabulous, Max. You didn't sneak a peek last night, did you? You promised me and Vanessa you wouldn't."

"No, I didn't look, and it's very sweet of you to go through all this trouble to make this as special as possible for me. Honestly, I can't wait to see the arrangements and accessories you and Mom picked." Repositioning her grip on her coffee, after sliding the hot-cup sleeve back to a comfortable spot, she took a large gulp of her beverage. "Not that it really matters to me; I just can't wait to see Chloe. I didn't sleep very well without her last night."

She began taking prenatal vitamins a few weeks ago and had hidden the bottle in her lower bathroom cabinet. It suddenly dawned on her that she shouldn't consume too much caffeine with a baby in her belly. Placing the coffee on her dresser, she caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror. It was probably unnoticed by everyone around her, but Max could see a tiny bump forming in her abdomen area.

"I cannot believe you let us pick so much," the blonde girl disapprovingly commented. "I would be a bridezilla right about now if this were my wedding. But cobalt and turquoise are a perfect combination; great choice. Your eyes are going to totally pop. The retro/indie vibe matches your style so well. With the theme being like your personality, and the colors matching Chloe, we think we did a fabulous job. The one thing your fiancé made me promise was that we would make it look incredible for you, and we definitely did."