Soon

The exhausting, large-scale photoshoot came to an end yesterday, and, after a nearly six-hour flight from Atlanta to Seattle, then another hour of driving, Max and Chloe finally made it home. They unpacked, showered, then passed out in each other's arms in the living room. It was a tiring, yet fruitful, business trip, and it was the final shoot for Max's newest collection that would be exclusively shared at The Chase Space.

"Get your ass up, love." Still in her pajamas, the blonde stood from the married couple's oversized loveseat where they were cuddled most of the morning and early afternoon. Finally having a free day away from work, neither were in a rush to get up. Upon standing, the shared blanket was inadvertently dragged to the floor, leaving Max's body exposed and earning Chloe a disapproving, squint-eyed glance from her wife.

"Nuh uh, I just got comfortable again." Max tugged the blanket back over her legs and torso, tucking the top fray just beneath her arms. She snuggly repositioned herself beneath, drawing a playfully annoyed grunt from the tall woman standing over her. Swaddling her head and most of her face like a makeshift hoodie, Max taunted Chloe with eyes sillily crossed and a gamesome tongue vibrating outward.

"Dude," Chloe began, head cocked to the side. "We can't just spoon and watch movies all day, though it has been nice. We should go out for a late lunch date. I'm thinking Tex-Mex. I could really use some chips and salsa right about now. Throw back a few margaritas, come home, and... ya know... fool around a little." She bounced her eyebrows up and down a couple of times and bit the underside of her bottom lip. To her surprise, there was no response, only quiet breaths below.

Gripping the thick, silken blanket in both hands, Chloe glanced inside, meeting beautifully piercing blue eyes that were peeking out from their cloth cave. She shifted her weight and readied herself for a good pull, an impish smirk tightening the skin on her cheeks. "Goddamn you look cute in there."

"Don't you dare," a soft voice came from inside the pile. "I'm not going anywhere, babe." Max sank further away, face completely disappearing deeper in her burrow.

"You have two options, Maxi Max. Are you planning to come out willingly, or are you gonna resist me? Be careful now, this action will have consequences."

Silence briefly fell between the married couple; the only sound was the distant fan blades of the outside condenser unit switching on and the cool air sliding in and out of the pair's nostrils and mouths.

Finally, a barely noticeable, muffled reply was uttered from somewhere down below. "I am the resistance!"

Instinctively responding, Chloe beamed, a mischievous smile forming below her crinkled nose. "Oh, now you've asked for it!" With a strategic yank of the blanket and an exaggeratedly maniacal cackle, the girl beneath came rolling out with a yelp, landing on her butt on the floor. "There you are, my love. I've found my treasure."

Before Max could react, her assailant dove towards her, perching in a straddle on top, knocking her to a laying position. With knees on either side of the brunette, Chloe continued her attack. She took her wife by the wrists and pinned them down above her head.

"No, Chloe. I..."

"Oh, don't look so pissy, Maxter." Chloe cut her off before she could finish. "You're gonna enjoy what comes next." She inched downward and grazed the tips of both lips against her favorite person's exposed stomach. She started moving in a zigzag around Max's lower ribs and bellybutton, enticing a tiny giggle from her partner. When she pulled up after a few seconds, the look of anger on her lover's face had been replaced with one of love and contentment. "There's that beautiful Maxine Caulfield-Price smile I love so much."

Keeping one hand against Max's wrists to hold her in place, Chloe slid the other down to the waistline of her wife's pajama bottoms, teasing the area. She marginally slipped her fingers under the band before quickly bringing them back up. The yearning in the younger girl's eyes informed her soulmate that she was quickly preparing herself for whatever came next.