Saving Destiny

Having a new plan sparked an increased ambition in Chloe's mind. She loved the way her freckled fiancé's brain worked and was ready to follow her to the ends of the earth regardless of the outcome. They would be together forever no matter what happened, and that was really all that mattered until a few days ago when they discovered the need to save the life of their future daughter. It was the only reason the engaged couple would jeopardize their perfect life and put all they had worked for on the line. They tried forward-jumping to the exact moment when the little girl would be shot, but those attempts failed miserably. This new path seemed to be the answer they were looking for, yet Chloe was still unsure how everything would work out. Her uncertainty was unimportant, as she believed in the love she shared with her best friend. Max's confidence in the idea filled the girl with a budding sense of hope.

"Can we just hold each other for a few more minutes?" The younger girl asked, pulling her partner back into her chest after they had just released a lengthy hug. Chloe didn't mind, of course. Feeling the warmth from the love of her life's body was always comforting and special to her. The companions had touched each other thousands of times in the past, but it didn't matter. Each new graze felt exhilarating with an intoxicating and thrilling awe.

"Yeah, Maxter, we can take as long as we need. I'll hold you forever if that's what you want." If the world were ending, she would sit on the roof and hold her perfect person as everything burned around them without a care or worry in her mind.

"Rachel... told me something, babe, and you should know the incredible news. I considered waiting until this shit was done, but I think now is the best time." She paused in what seemed like an intended dramatic effect. "So, are you ready for the most terrific news you've ever heard?" The corners of Max's mouth were curled upward, and her eyes opened widely. An adorably eager expression shone on her beaming face.

"Dammit, Max. Don't you dare tease me. Let's hear it." 

"Well," the brunette began, "you know how deeply we've been connecting, and how we literally merged into one... uhm, being? Whatever that was, something amazeballs happened. I guess I sorta suspected it at the time after seeing our daughter. She looks like a mix of me AND you. The only way that's possible, without some bio-scientific mixed up in a lab shit, is if she was purely half me and half you... and she is both of us; she's the perfect combination.

"Oh, fuck. Are you saying what I think you're saying, you amazingly beautiful bitch!?" The older girl's heart was racing. She figured she knew what Max was going to say next, but her mind demanded to hear the words come from her soulmate's mouth.

"We're pregnant, Chlo. Our connection somehow created life. I'm not the best at sciencey shit, but I'm pretty sure that's not the most typical way to conceive." Chloe noticed a goofy yet endearing smile on her fiancé's face and she couldn't resist grinning back. It was too early to physically tell she was pregnant by just looking at her, but she seemed to be radiating with life. 

"Wowser," the taller girl chirped, borrowing one of her partner's favorite words. She lifted her future bride in the air clasping her arms around her body grabbing both butt cheeks in the process and spinning her around in excitement. "I love you sooooo much, Max! Our love is so perfect. Goddamn, I'm lucky to be able to share this with my best friend." Her delightful laughter bounced around, echoing throughout the dark space. 

"It's not luck, babe, it's..."

Cutting the pregnant girl off, her fiancé threw both arms up over her head and proclaimed, "Destiny!" The girls' magnetic pull drew their mouths immediately together for a quick yet loving peck. Withdrawing, Chloe stared at the cute girl's soft lips as if they were the most precious things in the world. "Dammit, Max, everything is coming together. I just know we're exactly where we're supposed to be. Being with you on the most important journey of our life is special... and it's magical." She looked up and met the girl's caring clear blue eyes. "I know, I'm goopy as fuck, whatever. So, let's finish this thing because I'm ready to spend some alone time with you and get everything back on track."