Chapter 5

Previously...

They're just too late. They failed him.

Even if they find him, he doesn't need them anymore.

All he thinks is to find himself again, by having freedom and happiness.

-

8 hours after he left the mansion. He just found himself wandering everywhere his feet lead him until he got tired.

He never thought running away was a bad idea but he knew this would never be easy.

Not when the stores just kept dismissing him away.

Though, he can't blame them. After all, not long after he left the mansion, he fell from the mud that made him look so poor and dirty. But that annoyed him. If they can't stand his smell and sight, then he can't either.

Even the inn didn't allow him in no matter how many times he said he can pay no matter how big the cost is. He was left with no choice but to sleep outside despite how cold this day is.

Then he woke up trembling. It's already morning. The rain had already stopped but the cold remained on his skin. But thanks to the rising sun, it somehow made him a little better.

At the sight of the rising sun, he can't help but sigh.

He needs to think about how he would be able to find a place to stay. Food has never been a problem since he stole some before leaving the place. He can't just stay outside forever.

After sighing in countless times, he just rested his head at his knees that curled up to his chest.

Running away without a plan is really not a good idea.

But then his thoughts were interrupted by someone.

His eyes slowly looked up at the man that blocked the sunlight. He met the blank eyes of this man who wore simply black but didn't fail to look elegant. His hair is the same shade as this man, black color and his brown eyes are almost in the same shade.

"Kid, are you okay?"

They almost look like each other.

He could feel himself shivering from his own thoughts. 'Am I really not my father's child?'

"I don't talk to strangers." He bluntly responded that made the stranger look at him in amusement.

He expects him to leave but the man continues instead. "Do you have someplace to go? A place to stay? Aren't you hungry? Are you not going to answer?"

Cale doesn't need to answer. This man was more convinced that he needed help.

"Follow me. I'll feed you."

He swore his mother did teached him not to trust a stranger. But maybe he went so desperate that he really followed the guy.

This stranger looks strong just by the build of his muscle but Cale can fight. He never neglects swordsmanship training. If this person thinks something can endanger him, his hand will move for his sword.

-
Next...