Chapter 11

Previously...

He has no plan minding someone's business. However! There is a kid watching his every move. He can't be a bad influence. Aside from that, the state of the child, he looks worse.

In the end, he approached the child after he sighed in defeat.

-

When he finally reached the kid, he stopped right where the sunlight was directed, completely blocking the only source that made the kid warm after hours of rain.

His action made the kid look up to him, it took seconds for his sight to adjust to see a stranger who was wearing simply black.

Rock froze for a second seeing the same black hair as him and the same brown eyes but different shades. They almost look alike. Almost.

Rock sighed before he proceeded talking. "Are you okay?"

He almost shivered when a glare suddenly directed to him. "I don't talk to stranger." The kid said bluntly. He mentaly nodded as he totally agreed. The kid, no, no one should trust someone too fast.

"Do you have someplace to go?... A place to stay?... Aren't you hungry?... Are you not going to answer?" The kid didn't answer, he doesn't need to, Rock already knows the answer.

"Follow me. I'll feed you." Then, he walked away.

He continued walking as he felt the kid's presence behind him. The kid chose to follow him. But then he felt a darting glare in his back, made him sighed.

This is only a one time help. After this, I'll leave him on his own.

"What are you doing?" He asked. They are now in the entrance of his inn when the kid hesitates to follow him.

"They would not let you in." Rock looked at him questioningly. "Inns don't let me in."

"Did they do it too?"

If they did... Rock would fire them. That's not how you treat a customer.

Rock watched the kid look down and fidgeting the hem of his cloth. Then, the kid shook his head.

After checking all Inns, the kid must not bother checking this one, assuming he would receive the same treatment.

"Then, let's go."

As soon as they entered, employers bowed to greet the owner before continuing their job while Freesia walked to approach the man and kid.

"You return faster than you normally do."

Rock didn't answer, instead he pointed to the child beside him. "Take care of him."

"You didn't kidnap him, right?" Freesia asked while looking at him, doubting but deep inside mocking him.

But he takes it as an offensive accusation. He looked offended. "Do I look like I would do that?"

"No. Just asking." She said while snickering before calling the manager near them. "Rusca! Is there any room left?"

"There's no vacant room left, Miss Freesia."

"He said so."

"Bring food and clothes that fit for him at my room, instead." Rock said. He then signalled the kid to follow him.

"You still didn't tell me your name."

"It's Bob. And yours?"

"Bob."

Their eyes met for a second and then continued walking. Freesia, who is following them from behind could only sigh, finally decided to not to pay mind and just prepare the bath.

"The bath is ready." She informed the kid and then left for privacy. But the kid just stood near the door and only looked at Rock. As if he is asking for Rock's signal to move.

The older man gave him a simple sho-wave hand. Rock then said, "Let's talk later."

While waiting, he leisurely sat on his rocking chair with a book in his hand. He stays in that position even though Rusca came and delivered the food. He also didn't take a glance at a presence that exited the bathroom because of the book that had his all attention.

"You can eat first, kid."

It took him minutes to realize that the kid didn't respond only to find the said kid falling on the floor and about to lose his consciousness.

-

Next...