Chapter 43

Previously...

The young man is the same age of Choi Han (not really cuz Choi Han is really an old man) but he was sadden at the fact Choi Han experience so much in that young age and now he is carrying the burden of the village.

"Take care, Choi Han." The young man said which Choi Han responded with a single nod.

Few days passed, Choi Han returned with the knight and two others. The knight came to investigate the incident while Choi Han came to tell his intention to find those people, not for revenge (as the chief stated that revenge isn't necessary) but to make them pay with their lives.

-

"Cale, aren't you here to go back to the county?" Freesia asked after she place a cup of juice in front of Cale. Cale nodded on that as he was busy munching his cookie freshly baked by his father. "Then why are you still here?"

It's already been 2 days since Cale stayed in the inn and lazed around. Freesia had been informed that the kid will be going back to his family but only to find Cale sitting in her office two days ago.

"I'm waiting for a reply to my letter of permission." He said boredly. He stares at Freesia blankly while his hand continues sketching her. Freesia didn't seem to mind that (she highly support Cale for his art talent) instead she throw him an another question.

"Permission for what?"

"To go back."

"Do you need to? That's where you live."

"Lived, noona. I no longer lived there. I can't just come back as if I didn't disappear for six years."

Freesia seems to finally understand what he meant and stay silent. Later, a staff member knocked on the door and had a letter to deliver. The letter indicate to Cale whereas stated that the count, his father, happily welcome him back to their home.

A carriage was sent outside the inn to pick him up.
Cale left in panic, leaving the undefined portrait drawing of freesia behind. Freesia saw it, froze from her spot and soon wiped her imaginary tears.

He's making me proud, she thought.

Inside the carriage, a grumpy dragon and a nervous human are next to each other.

"Stop shaking, human!"

"I'm sorry, Raon. I'm really feeling nervous right now."

Raon groaned and flew to Cale's lap. He really shouldn't be with Cale right now but he ran away from his lesson with Rasheel to follow Cale.

"You shouldn't be." Raon whispered. "You will be meeting your real family."

Cale snapped out from his chaotic thoughts. He looked at Raon who showed a hint of sadness. Cale let out a giggles and reached for the kid dragon's head.

"Raon, you are part of my family too."

"Tsk. That's not what I mean." Raon' frown deepened but became calm in the next second and rested his head on Cale's lap. "I'm sure it will be okay, hyung. They are longing for you."

Cale froze on his spot.

"Raon..." he whispered. He sounded so worried but the next thing he said made Raon deadpanned. "Please stay away from grand uncle for the meantime. I'm afraid you would have the same personality as him."

The carriage finally stops, a sign for Raon to turn invisible and fly to the top of Cale's head.

"You master Cale, have arrived."

Several servants are lined in the entrance of the mansion, they are to welcome the eldest young master of the house they serve while the county family are in front of the carriage, waiting for it to open.

The carriage door opened slowly and a tall figure of man stepped out on it.

It is suddenly so bright for them to see him. (Mc feels?)

"Father, everyone, I'm back." A hint of sadness was heard from the new arrival man.

Cale Henituse stands before them and is smiling.

He is finally back.

"Son!" Before they knew it, the Count already jumped into the young master.

"I'm sorry, Cale." He whispered. One word, but enough to express what he feels ever since the day his eldest son left. He was sorry and forever will be. He knows well that his apology is not enough to make his son feel better but Deruth will always ask for his forgiveness, for neglecting him and for (unconsciously) letting that happen to Cale in their own house.

Deruth's eyes widened when he was snapped out of his thoughts the moment a hand tapped his back. His eyes landed on the man he was hugging but the man only smiled at him in understanding.

Damn, Deruth can't help his tears from falling. His kid is already grown.

"Cale, are you doing fine?"
Their attention soon directed to the family that was watching their reunion moments. The Countess spoke but the two kids seemed nervous, probably feeling the same as what Cale feels (didn't know how to approach them).

"I am, mother. I am, in fact, happy and healthy."

"That's good to hear." She spoke warmly.

Cale averted his eyes to the Countess to the children beside her. He smiled at them. Slowly, he opened up his arms awkwardly but soon relaxed when his siblings run into his arms and hugged him.

"Welcome home...hyung."

Cale let out a soft laugh by the awkwardness between him and his siblings. Basen, who interpreted it as Cale making fun of his action, pouted and tightened the hug with his sister and older brother.

Lily took a peak on his elder brothers and smiled. She is just glad that they are finally complete.

Deruth , who slightly recovered from his overwhelming emotion, finally spoke.
"Everyone, let's go inside. A feast is waiting for us."

Extra:

"It took you a long time to come back, hyung-nim."
Basen is frowning, slight pouting.

Cale doesn't know if he should apologize or pinch Basen's chubby cheek.

He can't decide so he did both.

Extra 2:

"Oraboni, do you like swords?" Lily asked curiously.

"I can't say that I like swords but I do use swords. Why?" Cale suddenly felt nervous when he saw the sparkle in her eyes.

"Let's train!"

Before he knew it, Lily already pulled him to the training grounds.

-
Next...