Chapter 53

Previously...
And a strong shield surrounded the place but not visible to their eyes.

– I will block it as well.

Raon announced in Cale's head.

And then the bomb went off.

-

If anyone is wondering what happened after the terrorist attack... Choi Han and his companions attacked the crazy mage at the same time. The plaza actually became their battlefield, the fight only ended when the crazy mage retreated.

Does anyone have an idea where the crazy mage is now?

"Why didn't you kill him?" Cale asked as soon as he entered the inn's underground.

Lux shrugged. He then pointed his dagger to someone's leg before he stabbed it deeply.

"It will be a waste."

While the two of them are having a conversation, they care less about the sound of screaming in their background.

"Mm. Isn't he pitiful?" Cale asked with fake worry. The person Lux torturing looked at Cale's direction but then his eyes shook that didn't left unnoticed to them.

Lux pulled the crazy mage's hair and made him look at his eyes instead. "Redika of Arm organization. Obsessed with blood and red color." Lux then glanced at his student before he continued. "You don't seem to like my student's hair."

While the crazy mage retreated from the plaza, he unluckily didn't use his teleportation and ran towards Lux direction. Lux didn't think twice of abducting the crazy mage.

Lux could feel the mage tremble. With that, Lux lips formed a grin.
"Is it because it is the same color as your leader?"

"You must like suffering like this, don't you?"
Lux kept asking a mocking question that left unanswered.

"He is not even talking." Cale muttered. "This is boring. I will leave this to you, manager."

"Sure. Go back to your place before someone finds out you aren't there."

"I will." The last thing Cale heard before he closed the door was a loud shout of pain.

Cale has no slight care of what happened to that mage. That is the payment for what he had done to the wolf tribe and plaza. He almost lost his two little brothers.

Cale came back to the villa with Hans worriedly waiting in the doorway.

"What's going on?" Because of his question, he got Hans' attention. The butler hurriedly checks every part of his body before letting out a relief sigh.

"Young master, I'm so worried! I thought something happened to you too!"

"Too? Is there something wrong?" Cale acts like he knows nothing as he worriedly asks the butler. "Where's Basen anyway? He should be at home now."

"Young master, something happened at the plaza."

As they walked their way to Basen's room, Hans hurriedly explained what happened to the event.

Cale failed to notice the pity stares the other servants directed to him as they believed in the panicked look he had.

But he is also worried. He left the place after knowing that his brother is safe but he is still worried on how it would affect him, it might cause trauma to him.

"He fainted when he arrived here?"

"Yes, young master."

Cale sat on the same bed his brother was lying at and rested his hand on his brother's forehead.

"He got a fever. He was probably shocked by what happened."
Basen groaned in his sleep but calmed down as Cale stroked his hair.

"Did you call for a doctor?"

"I already did."

"Good."

Cale's eyes soon landed on Basen's hand, which was gripping a ruby brooch. He tried to get it but Basen clenched on it harder, Cale stopped as he realized that Basen might hurt his hand if he continued taking it out.

"Hans, take care of Basen for me."

"Where are you going, young master Cale?"

"I need to contact my father, they are probably dying from worry right now."

"Should I go get a mage?"

"No need, I'll handle it by myself.

What he meant from handling it by himself is calling another servant and ask him to call for a mage.

Cale entered his room to comfortably wait for the mage but noticed something different on his bed. He then looked at the empty spot at the edge of his bed.

"Raon, is that you?"

Raon appeared on his bed with an apple pie. "Do you want some, hyung?" He flew to Cale and stuffed him with a whole pie.

Cale mouthed a thanks as he continued munching the pie. He is still in that situation when he allowed the servant to enter his room, the servant blankly looked at him for a while before he told him that the mage was already preparing the communication device.

The communication finally connected to the county, Cale was welcomed with Deruth's worried face.

— Cale!

Cale didn't prepare with that loudness. He swear his eardrum almost burst.

"Father—"

— Cale, are you okay! How about Basen?! Are both of you okay? Wait there, we will go there as fast as we can!

Deruth is really panicking that Cale can't even interrupt him. Cale was so shocked to see him that worried.

— Dear, please calm down. Cale wouldn't be able to answer if you keep talking.

Thanks to that, Deruth quieted down and let Violan take the lead.

— Are both of you okay?

"I am, mother. But Basen, he got a fever, Hans already called for a doctor."

— Alright. Just stay with Basen, we will make sure we arrive on this exact day.

"No need to do that. I'll just wait for Basen to recover and I'll ask my mage friend to teleport us to the county. Just wait for us. I promise to inform you if there's any news."

— That would be better. Please call us back.

The call ended.

Later that day, Cale spent his night in Basen's room.

Tomorrow morning, the northeast nobles visited Basen. Coincidentally, Basen woke up 30 minutes before they arrived. They managed to share a conversation while Cale went back to his room to wash himself before they even saw him.

The nobles just exited Basen's room when Cale went back.

"Cale, is that you?" Eric approaches him in a hurry and checks every part of his body. Cale let out a giggle as he watched him do. Eric is really similar to Deruth. "You really back! I'm glad!"

"It is nice to see you too, hyung."

-
A/n:

It took me so long to update. I'm really busy these past days and my physics teacher thought it would be fun to post 6 activities to accomplish on Saturday. I'm sure I wouldn't be able to update again for next Saturday since it is my pre finals exam and the other next Saturday is my entrance exam. Our schedule are really complicated right now since we need to finish everything before the Christmas break. Hope you understand and thank you for waiting.

-
Next...