Chapter 15

Previously...

This is the graveyard for the numerous Henituse ancestors. It would not take quite a while to look for it himself, he knows well where it is located even though he didn't visit for so long.

"Mother, how are you?"

-

"Let's clean this first."

Her grave looks like it was neglected. It was almost covered by the growing grass. It was not easy but he used all force to take out what is covering the gravestone and threw it somewhere.

"You must be feeling lonely, mother. Sorry for not visiting you."

Cale sat in the clean surface, near to his mother, and then put down the banquet of her favorite flower that he brought earlier before sneaking here in one of the Henituse's private territory.

"I just came here to say goodbye. I-- I decided to find my happiness."

"You were always my light in my life, but now you're gone... I need to find another reason to live, Mother. Can you guide me from my path?"

"Oh right! I have one of your diaries here. Why would you write something about checking your grave? You even want me to dig your grave. Mother, that's totally disrespectful! Why would I do something like that?" He knows that he is ranting but he can't help but to rant to his mother who formerly wrote about digging her own grave or something. He then pouted.

'Cale, if you are reading this, your father must bury my latest diary with me, who knows what is written in there but if you are reading this, can you please get it?'

That is another reason why he visits his mother. His mother is just so mysterious, even dead.

'I can't really understand what you were thinking, mother.'

"I better hurry up."

Cale starts digging. The ground should be frozen and difficult to dig because of the cold weather, but the ground in front of the headstone was easy to dig as if it was mud.

Then he remembered that they buried his mother's diary in a box underneath the headstone.

It was said that his mother ordered that it must be made sure that only Cale could see it. That's why it is in the enchanted box.

He remembered once again a memory from the past. It was said at the time before his mother's death.
'Your mother, Drew, is a mysterious person, but what I do know is that she loved you very much. There's probably still nobody in this world who loves you as much as she loved you.'

The trowel hit something hard at that moment and Cale started to dig with his hands.

A small metal box appeared.

It didn't seem to have any locks on it. Cale looked at the center of the top of the box. Cale took a dagger out and gently stabbed his finger and put the small drop of blood on the magic circle.

There was a small vibration, and the box opened without any issues.

Cale's face stiffened up as soon as he read the first page of the diary.

< If there is someone reading this diary, I wish to ask them a question. >

This was actually not a diary.

< Are you ready to know the content of the book? >

It was a letter written inside a diary.

"...Ha......"

Cale scoffed in disbelief as he read the diary, no, the letter.

This was just the start but Cale had an urge to close the book and leave it behind. But no, that can't solve anything. How is he supposed to know what his mother wanted to say if he didn't read her diary?