Chapter 49

Previously...

Evening comes and Cale is about to leave. Before he left the inn, Rock reminded him of something.
"Don't forgot to steal the mana bombs."

"Yes, I will. Have a good night."

-

Cale went back home late, that is because he was in the plaza where the event will happen. He was busy investigating the place that he lost track of time but well, not like anyone would care if he went back late.

"I see you have just arrived, young master Cale. Did you have fun?" It would be okay if there is an old man waiting for him in the door.

"I did." He answered without thinking but observed his first father figure after. "What are you still awake, Ron? Aren't you too old to neglect your health?"

"I am indeed an old man, young master. I am pleased to know that the young master cared for me."

"Ron, just go to sleep. Have a good night." Cale feels more tired after dealing with Ron's smile.

Cale reached his room and his heart almost stopped beating when he saw a figure sitting in his chair beside the window.

A ghost?

At that moment, the figure's head moved to Cale's direction and there Cale recognized the person sleeping on the chair.

"Basen..." He approached his brother but hesitated to wake him up. Decided, he will just carry his brother to his bed. He is so tired to even carry him to the other room. "Sleep with me, just tonight." He whispered.

Since he returned to the County, he has been sleeping alone. So glad to have Basen on his side tonight.

Cale woke up late with Basen already left to attend the meeting of the northeastern nobles.

"Young master, sir Lock had already woken up." Hans informed him while attending to his needs.

"Really?" Hans nodded for confirmation. Cale took a mouthful spoon while thinking of checking on Lock later, after he took a bath. "Have they eaten yet?"

"Yes, young master. They already finished before you woke up."

"That's good. Thank you for your service, Hans."

"You flattered me, young master." The servant said with a big grin on his face.

Not long after Cale finished cleaning himself, Lock requested an audience with him.

"Hyung."

"Lock."

Cale lets the kid sit on the couch in front of him, which Lock is hesitant to.

"Ahm... I have no idea how I will see you in this situation. I am really shocked when I heard of you from Ms. Rosalyn. Do you really live here, hyung? Isn't this the count's property? How about uncle Rock?"

"Slow down." Cale let out a giggle because of the panic state of Lock. "I am a son of the Count before I also become the son of stoic Rock. I could say that both of them are my home." He jokingly said.

A quiet atmosphere soon changed the mood.
"... Lock, are you doing okay?"

"I think I'm about to." Lock let out an honest laugh. "Thanks to you hyung, I have already decided to face my remaining family."

"Mm?" Lock saw the confusion on Cale's face before he continued talking.

"I always thought I had no right to appear on them. I'm afraid I will disappoint them by letting the others die."

"Nonsense. Lock, you are a kid and you are part of that family. That's enough reason for you to return to them. They wouldn't blame you, if they did, they would have to face me."

"Thank you for that, hyung."

"So, when are you planning to see them?"

"Right now." He innocently answered.

"Excuse me? Do you even know where they are right now?"

"I do, I'm sure you also know. They are in the inn owned by Uncle Rock, right?"

Cale decided to tag along with Lock on his way to the inn but he didn't expect to have another companion beside Lock.

"Why are you still following me?" He glared at the three men following him.

Ron smiled at him and said, "You know the way, young master. We are afraid we might get lost if we do not follow you." Ron also meant that they are following him this close because Cale would do anything to have them lost.

"Ms. Rosalyn, please get these three companions of yours, away from me." Rosalyn only glanced at them and smiled before she continued walking beside Lock.

Cale let out a groan as he walked faster than them, leading them to the last floor.

"Cale hyung, you are back!" Maes came running to him with the other children but soon halted when he saw his older brother behind Cale. "Hyung...?"

They are now surrounded by blue wolves.

The air is getting emotional that he signalled the four companions of Lock to an unoccupied room.

"Stay here. I'll get you something to drink."
Cale left the room. The four of them were left behind with nothing to do but to curiously look around.

The room looked nice. The vibe inside is refreshing, probably because of the wind coming from the opened window. Unlike the other room they passed by, this one looks like a family suite, they can see four doors aside from the main door.

One is a bathroom, a shared bathroom of two bedrooms, and the last door is leading somewhere else but they have no idea where to as it is locked.

"A family picture..." Rosalyn whispered that the others clearly heard. In the corner of the room, a huge family portrait was hidden with a red cloth, probably to protect it from the dust because the room looks like it isn't always used.

It is a portrait where a red haired man sitting in the middle with a black haired kid sitting on his lap, there are also two kids, a girl with gray hair and a boy with red hair both on each of his sides. Behind the man, another red haired was there, Cale Henituse. Beside Cale, is an elf with long blond hair and a grumpy looking man.

"I didn't expect you to touch anything in our room." Cale bluntly said as he arrived and witnessed their act. But well, having anyone see their picture isn't bad, he looks really great on that paint. "We only have tea here and some cakes. Enjoy the food as you wait for Lock."

Cale placed a tray on the table and had the other tray carried until he reached the door they tried to open. Choi Han was about to warn him that it is close but Cale knocked on the door before he managed to warn him.

"Manager Lux, open the door please." A click from the door was heard before Cale reached for the knob and opened the door.

"Same scent." Ron muttered. The others also notice it. The people inside have the same scent that lingers on the young master. A scent of the Arm.

(It makes sense right? Since Rock groups always mindle with the organization plan, they somehow have the disgusting scent of the Arm. They are not only an information group but also a group of assassins, so it's natural if they killed some of the Arm.)

"Shall we wait for them before we leave?" Ron asked with a big smile on his face.

N/A: Sorry for the very late update guys :( these past weeks are so busy because of my exam and submission of performance task, luckily, I finally have a time to write before I continue doing my other performance tasks. Being a group leader is really hard😩
-
Next...