Chapter 26

Previously...

Not so far from them, they saw an Elf with beautiful blonde hair. This Elf was so beautiful that even the Whales looked ugly in comparison.

Rock knows the Elf village is near their location but the elf in front of them is not an elf. He has no proof but he can tell.

"I just decided to take a stroll but I didn't expect to see someone like you."

-

“May I ask what you want for us?” Rock is still standing in front of his kid, blocking him from the sight of a stranger.

“Calm down. I don’t mean any harm.” The blonde elf said. He stood in a calm manner and was smiling.

The said elf is looking majestic by just standing.

The two continue staring into each other and observing one another that no one noticed a kid peeking behind the black haired man.

“An elf? It’s my first time seeing one!” Cale really looks excited while looking at the man in front of him. The said elf just watched him in deadpan.

“He is not an elf, Cale.” Rock whispered. Based on his observation, he is not an elf because Rock already met one. He is sure this man in front of them is stronger than them. He did imagine that if that man is not an elf, then he must be someone who can shift into one.

A dragon.

“What does the majestic being want for us?” Rock seriously asked which received a shocked look from his son and amused one from the dragon.

“It is also my first time meeting a dragon!”

Cale doesn’t need to say that, since meeting a dragon is already impossible. Even Rock hasn't met a dragon and is already content meeting all those vicious people he encounters, there is no way Rock would be happy meeting someone who’s more vicious than those people.

“I have always wished to see a dragon since I was a kid!” After Rock revealed the truth, Cale’s eyes became even more sparkling.

“May I know why, young lad?” The dragon looks like someone who found a new interesting thing to study.

“Before, I wanted to be a mage because I thought it would be easy to protect my mother with magic so I studied every magic book in our library and I coincidentally read about dragons.”

“And what happens with your dream to be a mage?”

“Turned out, I have no talent for mage, I pursue swordsmanship instead.”

“You waste your time learning magic.”

“Not really, I’m still reading it for fun.”

Going back to the past, the first thing Cale did when he found out about his mother’s weak condition was to have the power to protect his mother and his family and that was when he decided to be a mage. His mother found out about that after a month of studying and called for a mage, that was when they found out Cale can’t be a mage.

Cale can still remember how sad he was at that time but he is now happy that he chose to take a sword after that failure. Though he had no talent for magic, he continued studying that area until he studied every creature in the world as his pastime.

He stopped his education a long time ago but he never stopped reading books that he has interest in. He is also starting his education now thanks to Rock, his father, and his Teacher, Antony.

“What did you find out about the dragon that made you want to meet them? Dragons are not friendly.”

“They said dragons are the emperor of magic and are majestic and powerful beings. Moreover, mom once said that dragons are actually the gate’s guardian.”