Chapter 37

Previously...

Rock was swearing quite a bit as he coughed up more black blood.

He could only silently swear as blood continued to pour out of him.

Rock’s body slowly started to tilt.

-

“Rock is currently fusing his plate back together. He now has all the elements needed to balance his plate. I can see that it’s getting bigger, the plate also got thick.”

Rock woke up and heard a familiar voice talking to another. He still can’t move from the pain he endured for a whole day. His ancient powers finished strengthening their hold and supporting the plate balance.

On that day, Eruhaben teleported him to his room at the inn. Rock was glad the ancient dragon chose the inn since the kids were in the villa on that day. He can’t have another kid wailing in his state, that was a horrible sight for the kids. Surely, Cale thought of it too as he was able to witness how terrible his condition was.

Cale never left him that day. Eruhaben was actually trying to pull the young lad outside the room but he didn’t budge even a bit. He helped Lux, who Eruhaben called upon their arrival, and Granny Lala, who was with the manager, took care of Rock.

Granny Lala actually decided to visit two of them, only to see a bloody state of Rock. The old woman wasn't pleased with that, she didn't even plan on leaving their side when she saw the young man’s bloody body.

Now that he is okay, the kids are now allowed to visit him. Together with Rock, they are comfortably lying on his bed.

“You really make this old hag worry, young man.”

Rock shivered from the cold tone of the old woman.

"What are you doing here, Miss Lala?"

"If you don't want to call me granny, then just remove the 'miss' as you call my name." She said but Rock ignored. "It's been a while since I last saw my cute little grandson so I came to visit. At the same time, I'm looking for a job I can do."

"Why do you still need a job?"

"Do you think that I'm already old and won't be able to do her job properly?"

"You have Aldan to provide you with whatever you need. He is receiving money both from the guild and the H&A Loving transportation."

"I hate boredom. I want to do something big. I actually want to clean a big house, my house is not that big to keep me occupied so I applied from a different household but no one wants to accept me since I am already old." Lala looks like sulking and Rock doesn't want that. That is because, Lala, who is feeding him a segment of orange, suddenly put a whole orange on his mouth.

Rock almost choked and Cale to the rescue gave him a cup of water. Lala muttered sorry before she continued to feed him the fruits she brought for him.

"I have no problem with hiring you."

"Really!? What position would I be in at this Inn? Can I try room service?"

"Not here, we are full of staff but in our Villa, we need someone to clean. Is that okay with you?"

"Of course!" Lala even flexed her shoulder's muscles.

"You are alone though since our villa is private but I'll try to help you if I have time, granny Lala!" Cale said.

"No need 'lil kid. No matter how big your villa is, I can clean it neatly all alone."

"Tsk! You don't need to hire someone! This great and mighty can keep it clean." Rasheel argued. Rasheel even stab Eruhaben's side with his pointy elbows, urging him to agreed but only earned a rolled eyes from the ancient dragon.

Lala knows that the two other beings in the room are strong but she never thought that they were dragons.

"But you only cook? You always sleep after. Gold gramps is the only one who is cleaning but uses magic." Cale makes it sound innocent that makes it more impactful. The dragons were defeated embarrassedly.

Midnight comes, Eruhaben teleports them back to the villa so that Rock could rest well. Lala was already sent to her room while the kids, together with Cale, decided to sleep in Rock's room.

Cale was a little embarrassed for sleeping with his father at his age. His face is faint red, Rock check if the room was hot for Cale but not, Rock is freezing from cold as the kids pulled the blanket from him.

It was a long silence. That is of course, the three kids are already sleeping.

Rock can still feel Cale's gaze to him with his eyes close. Their eyes meet for a second he opened his eyes, Cale quickly  avoid his.

"Is there a problem?" Rock questioned him.

Instead of answer, Cale move and face his body to the other side. Not long after, a whisper from him can be heard.

"You scared me."

"Excuse me?" Rock doesn't remember doing anything that scared him.

"Yesterday, I'm really scared that you would not able to return from that lake." Though Cale believe that Rock would return, he can't help but to feel the fear of losing his father. "I swear, your recklessness would kill you someday."

'But I'm not reckless?' Rock thought but stay quiet instead. His gaze stays on the tired back of his child. His child must be so worried.

"I don't want to once again witness the death of my love ones."

Rock is not the only one who is got taken back with his words but also his mother who happened to listen on their conversation.

"I'm sorry." A whisper comes from two persons that hold closely important to his heart.

-
Next...