fourteen

Lando was back from Abu Dhabi. He stayed for a few extra days for testing and for a little vacation. Lando looked at the himself in the mirror in his bathroom upstairs. His tanned face looking back at him, he brushed his messy curls with his fingers as he looked down on his watch.

You will never guess it... but it was Thursday night again. Tomorrow was Christmas Eve, he needed to be at his parents house to celebrate Christmas with his family but he wanted to stay a extra few hours at home. I mean, I still can drive at night to my parents, he thought.

He closed the bathroom door behind him as he heard the front door already. He jogged down the stairs and saw Xenia carrying a big pizza box. "You are early, Miss Bleau!" Lando said excited. He jumped off the last step of the stairs and walked to Xenia.

"I thought maybe we can could eat dinner together..?" Xenia smiles innocently as she put the pizza box in Lando his hands. She put her coat on the rack and put her shoes away.

"Can you read my mind?"

"Maybe." Xenia grabbed the pizza box from his hands again.

"What for pizza did you order?" Lando said excited. He followed Xenia to his kitchen.

"Pizza with pineapple." Xenia layed the box down on the kitchen counter.

"Gross." Lando made a puking sound. Lando moved to the kitchen counter to grab the box. He was about to throw it away in the bin when Xenia slapped his hand playfully as she layed the box back on the kitchen counter.

"No, it's pizza caprese, my favourite." Xenia smiled brightly as she opened the lid of the box.

Lando grabbed two plates as Xenia filled two empty glasses with water. "So this compensates the pizza.." She nods to glasses. Xenia sended Lando a proud smile.

Lando just shaked his head with a laugh. "I'm off-season but I still need to track my food but I can keep this a secret." Lando winked to Xenia as he put the pizza slices on the plates.

"Are you going to France this year?" Lando then askes. "Sadly no.." Xenia answers. "Maybe in the spring time, I will visit my family again." Xenia smiles. "Are you going to Belgium?"

"No, we also stay here in the country.. My brother just had a little baby girl so they can't travel yet so we just stay at home." Lando smiles. "Awh, congratulations!" Xenia said smiling. "Thank you." Lando said proudly, he became a uncle for the first time and he was really proud of it. He loved kids.

They sat down at the kitchen table so they can sit in front of eachother. "So." Xenia said.

"Hmm?" Lando said with a mouth full of pizza.

"You and that girl from a few weeks ago.."

"What about her?"

"Are you guys dating or something.." Xenia hinted as she took a bite of her pizza slice. She kept her emotions blank but deep down she was eager to find out.

"No. Why?" Lando said, he took another bite as he inspected the face of the girl in front of him. "Just a question." Xenia shrugs her shoulders.

"Are yóu dating at the moment?" Lando spat back out of nowhere. He was also eager to find out more about her. "No, I hate men." She takes a sip of her water and then her green eyes find his again.

Lando lifted his hand to his chest as he gives her a painful face. "Ouch. That one hurted." He said, Xenia just smiles and they eat in silence. 

After minute Lando opens his mouth and then his story flows through the room. "We sort of dated for a few months but we were not official. After a while she didn't like my lifestyle so I broke up with her. I wanted to focus on my race weekends instead of argueing on the phone every damn minute."

He paused to take another bite. "Few weeks ago she wanted to try again.. I'm a nice person so I arranged diner for us to talk about our history and lifes but I came to the conclusion that we don't work anymore. She still thinks we are going to be a thing but not in my life." Lando empties his water glass in his mouth as Xenia just nods.

"So she stalks you now?"

"Ehm.. Sort of?" Lando deadpans. "I have one ex-boyfriend, we dated for two years but then he cheated." Xenia opens up.

"Okay, now I understand why you hate men. But.. I'm a exception right?"

Xenia rolls her eyes while smiling. "Yeah Norris, you are the exception."

"I feel so honored." Lando his fingers touch the back of the hand from Xenia as he gently taps it. Xenia her cheeks turn slighlty red as the silence became awkward. Lando takes his hand back and cougs a little.

"I-i wanted to say something to you.." Lando moves his empty plate out of the way, Xenia copies his action. "Yeah?" She asks unsure.

"And I maybe want to ask something too.."

"Lando, just say it, please. You make me nervous." Xenia says soft.

"Wow, you said my first name!" Lando says excited. "Norris!" Xenia says fake angry as her eyes pierced through his. "O-oh sorry."

"So, I'm moving to Monaco at the beginning of February.."

"Wow, that's so great! Adult life is looking good on you." Xenia winked as she sended him a proud smile.

"That means you can't housekeep my house anymore unless.. You want to move with me to Monaco? I thought you ar-"

"Oh?" Xenia says unsure, thinking about the big question Lando just asked her.

"You don't have to! I-i just thought.. you are good with the language and I'm sure Apple France can use a new employee that's based in Monaco..." Lando smiles, he feels his heart beating in his chest. Am I sweating? Wait.. I don't smell, right? he thought.

"Why me?" Xenia asks. Her body burning inside, she wanted to say yes straight away but she also has her life in London. Xenia just listen to the deep desire from your heart, she thought.

"Because you are one of my mates now and I like to have you around." Lando said full honesty. His words hurted Xenia a little. Pff mates, she thought. Meanwhile Lando his mind was also racing. Did I really call her mate again? Ugh, why am I so awkward? he thought.

"What about Max?" Xenia only met Max the last time he interuppted their almost kiss. When Xenia came downstairs after cleaning that night, Max already left and Lando was really having a bad mood. I don't know what Max said to him but it wasn't nice, she thought.

"He will take this house or gets his own place, so don't worry about that muppet." Lando grins, he stands up and grabs the empties plates. He walks away and put them in the dishwasher.

Xenia turns on her chair to follow Lando with her eyes. "Just think about it, yeah?" Lando says after closing the lid of the dishwasher.

"I will."