Chapter 7

[edited]

Niall

"Where have you been mate— hold on, what's on your face?" 

"What?" I wiped my face with the tissue that I tucked in my pockets from McDonald's earlier, looking at the tissue paper to see if there is a trace of food that could probably start a world war 3 with Harry. "There's nothing on my face though, the fuck you talking about, mate?" 

"Oh, I thought it was a glint of happiness that I saw," I could feel him smirk as he returned watching the television with his whole body plopped down on the couch. I rolled from the other side of the couch and fell on the floor with a light thud, earning couple of complaints from the curly haired dude. 

We started talking about how our day went and played some games as we waited for the other lads to come over and have our meals already. Although I have already eaten some fries and burger,  I still have some room for Liam, Louis and Zayn's food that they told that they'll bring in here. 

After a while, me and Harry got tired of playing video games and so we tried playing some scrabble, where it led the both of us cheating into getting higher scores. Harry even tried reasoning that there was a word "bestest" which there of course is none. 

The lads have finally arrived and the door immediately opened as our senses smelled the food that they were bringing: pizza, fries, and some chicken and beer. 

"You all won't believe what happened in my school today," Louis started, "there was this boy and girl that fought because of a small thing" he laughs as he sipped on his bottle. I leaned in, trying to listen to what he's going to say, "guess who won?" 

"Niall, let's bet—" 

"Why are you only inviting him to that bet?" 

"Yeah, it's like we're not here!" 

"Why aren't you letting them join, Niall?" I snickered as I dodged from flying cushion towards me, I hugged it instead and shrugged. "Loser" I laughed before getting hit with another cushion, "who's already the loser now, huh?" 

"You fucker—" 

"No you!" 

"Lads-" 

"Quit shouting at one another, assholes!" shouted Zayn as he covered his face with his palms, "all this mess just because of a guessing slash betting game? Pathetic kids" 

And as the night went deep, the pillows were everywhere in the dorm.  

---

Persephone

Another day had came and the house is still empty, wala pa rin si mama. My palms suddenly broke out in sweat as I thought of what could probably happen to her. Nang pumunta ako sa kusina para gumawa ng sarili kong pagkain, nakita kong mayroong sticky note na naiwan sa may lalagyanan ng prutas. 

I feel somewhat stupid for worrying about her. 

And there she went again, to the business trip that usually lasts for months. Great. 

I wonder if she left some money for me. 

Tinignan ko ulit yung papel baka kasi may nakaligtaan lang ako na paalala galing sa kanya, and I was right, I have enough money with me that's cool. I can just buy at a Korean convenient store and grab different stuffs to satisfy my needs.

After toasting some bread and spreading some butter on top of it, I quietly had my breakfast in this quite large place. I feel alone, but I guess it's better than having someone that doesn't really interact with me so much that I can resemble it to a ghost. 

Fuck this life. 

--

I arrived at school only to see Niall at the front gate, leaning on the wall looking as if he was waiting for someone and when our eyes met I swear, I saw stars in his eyes until a girl broke our contact and as she started leeching herself on him, I continued walking away from the lot. 

Entering my first class, I was greeted by another Korean looking male and female sitting beside each other. I decided to bow at them and left them shocked before sitting on my usual spot, the middle row. 

"I'm Haechan, I think you're the person that most Korean people around here has been talking about"

"Woah woah, hold the horses, what? And why would the Korean people talk about me?"

"BTS, or at least that's what they call their group, " I don't remember hanging out with BTS though? "Who?" I tilted my head as I saw him facepalm himself, "the dudes that you talked with days ago, the one who has that boxy smile, Taehyung and his group. They're quite famous around here" he shrugs. 

Me and Haechan suddenly became close, he told me who I should avoid when it comes to the Korean community in this school. He and I also agreed to have some Korean lessons during break-time, which I of course accepted. It's a one-time event that I might not be able to get. 

Throughout the first class, like a pair of superman's laser eyes, I could feel his gaze burn at the back of my head as me and channie talked in the entire session. I of course couldn't help but wonder kung sino yung babaeng biglang sumulpot. 

Was it his girlfriend? Sister? Cousin? Friend? Best Friend? 

Ugh. Why do I even bother trying to know kung sino s'ya? As if it's important for me.